Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://dragonfly.photium.com/" target="_blank">http://dragonfly.photium.com/</a><br><br>
I'm starting a photography business and finally got my site up and going. Could you have a look and let me know what you think?<br><br>
You're the first people I'm sharing with, so give it to me straight.<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Rebecca

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
ok, these are my first impressions.<br><br>
What about speaking in the first person, so it seems like you are talking to the people, rather than someone else talking about you.<br><br>
Any way to get an easier email address? rlippiatt-shaw is just asking to be misspelled.<br><br>
For the first year pictures, the package is for 4 times, but you mention 6 special times. Maybe have one price for 4, and another one for 6 so people will "buy up".<br><br>
Under maternity, you say it includes 4 sessions, but you mention 5. Again, maybe offer 2 levels here, too.<br><br>
You might want to include your location under the name of your business, so that search engines will find you when people are looking for "photography edmonton" or other related searches. Maybe mention some local places when you talk about the locations of the photo shoots.<br><br>
I like the layout of the site. It's easy to navigate, the photos load quickly and they are very beautiful.

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Your work is beautiful! Does the software product you are using (Photium) allow you to put a little breathing room around text and photos? Everything seems a tiny bit squished.... products look more high-value when you give more "white" space.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Very nice.<br><br>
My first impression - more visual than anything - is that you have to scroll down a bit to look at the pictures - even the main one. I would (personally) like it better if the pictures were more grouped and you didn't have to scroll down so much, and the words shouldn't get in the way of the pictures. I mean, if I go to a site that is for photography, I want to see mostly photographs rather than wordage; a picture says a thousand words sort of thing.<br><br>
With that said, I really really like the simplicity of the site and the clean design - I just think it could be tweaked a little.<br><br>
Also - you wanted honesty, right - I think the "Mother-Light" photo looks a little blurred and washed out, which seems out of place since most of the photos are really great.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone - I made (almost all) the changes you suggested.<br><br>
I wish I could order the photos on the page better, but the software has a set lay-out. I am going to suggest it to the hosting company though. It was a toss up between this site and something with Flash, which takes longer to load.<br><br>
I've put edmonton in the metasearch thingie I can do, and I will add in some specific locations for photoshoots, which should help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts