Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any patterns for making crochet snowflakes? You know the ones you starch and use as Christmas ornaments. I was thinking I'd make a bunch this year for gifts so I want to get started.<br><br>
I've never made them before though, so I need a pattern with hook and yarn suggestions.

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok I did a quick search and found some <a href="http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/snowflakes.php" target="_blank">here</a><br><br><br>
Anyone have any they have actually used?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I've only made one and it was in a Martha Stewart magazine. It didn't take very long but was a bit annoying because it tended to curl all up in itself while I was working and I had to keep untwisting it. But I also crochet a bit tightly so that could have been the problem.<br><br>
ETA: For the yarn, I used plain cotton crochet thread. Southmaid I think. Any kind of laceweight/thread would work. I don't think acrylic would starch and I dont' know about wool.

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I was thinking cotton would be the way to go. hmmm I think I might have that Martha pattern around here somewhere. I'll have to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts