Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No that there seems to be much choice these days, but I'd love to hear what folks think is the crunchiest place to have a baby that is not one's home.

I was at Cambridge with my last pregnancy and switched to Wellesley halfway through b/c I was worried CBC would transfer me b/c I had meconium at my first two births, and a doula friend tipped me off that they transfer like crazy.

Wellesley was okay, but I even had some issues there with them pushing antibiotics b/c I was GBS+ (I had a birth plan that I found on here that seemed like a reasonable middle-of-the-road solution, saying I would have them if I got a fever or was having a prolonged labor. They eventually stopped pressuring me, and the birth itself was lovely since they followed the rest of my birth plan and left us alone until the very end!).

I'm back at Cambridge now, and again feeling their "interventionist vibes". I had extremely mild spotting yesterday (16 weeks pg), and the midwife told me to go to the ER! I kept repeating that it was really mild, if it happened after-hours, I wouldn't have even called, I was just looking for guidelines for if it got worse (heavy bleeding, of course I could figure out to get treatment. I assumed there would be some middle ground here. Not according to her....She wanted me to get an US, internal, and have RhoGam all for a few pink spots. OY!!!!!!!!).

Is Beverly more crunchy? Is there any other place???? I really couldn't care if a place is so fancy or lovely to look at. I just want them to stop shoving medical technology at me!

· Registered
6,127 Posts
I agree! What's stopping you from considering homebirth? I had my first baby at the Birthplace at Wellesley, and while I had a great experience, the homebirth I had last week was just PHENOMENAL by comparison.

· Registered
6,127 Posts
Paige Eastman! She was outstanding. I posted Ethan's birth story on the October DDC if you want to take a look. I can't even tell you how worthwhile it was. It strikes me as totally bizarre now that this isn't a routine option for most women. It was just an amazing way to have a baby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.