Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Any Homeschooling scouting troops?  I have a 9 and 7 year old looking to join in December.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
<p>Just wanted to say "hi" as another homeschooling mama in Sugar Land! :)  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have homeschooling friends who do Cub Scouts but we have never participated.  Have you found the G-HAH yahoo group yet?  I am betting there will be more mamas there with info!</p>

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
<p>We have a homeschool Daisy/Brownie troop close in.  We meet in the near northwest area near 43rd and Ella.  We have girls from all over Houston.  A very eclectic group  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Angela</p>

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>I haven't found that group yet, will try again tonight.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Okay so how far is that troop from Missouri City?? It is so annoying to not know where anything is - ugh!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We were in an Earth Scouts troop back home but my oldest lost interest quickly - he loves outdoor stuff and am looking to fulfill his needs for archery, knot tying, etc...  If there are classes that teach that stuff in the area, I would be more willing to do that.  The scouting stuff is fun, I learned a ton but I hate the popcorn cookie crap and hate their no gay rule--but I have absolutly no time to devote to creating one more thing from scratch:(  Any ideas?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again!</p>

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
<p>It would probably be a 30-40min drive depending on where exactly you're coming from and time of day.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've got nothing for boys  :(  wish I did...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Angela</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts