Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best cure for a sore throat when pregnant, since cough drops and other normal methods are a no-no? Does anyone have some suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just got over a mild cold (fever, sore & dry throat) and it helped tremendously to drink a lot of water. You'll be up all night hitting the bathroom, try and nap during the day too.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It turns out I'm not pregnant after all. I totally thought I was, but I was not sure yet, so I was trying to err on the side of caution. Thanks for all the advice anyway.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, by the way, for anyone who is pregnant and battling a sore throat, I gargled with Listerine (the old-fashioned kind, not the flavored), and it totally helped. It made my throat feel much better for about a half hour, but made a difference over all too. Within a day or two my sore throat was gone.

·
Registered
25,062 Posts
When I was a child, my family did a 'priezman's compress' for sore throats....

You soak a clean rag the size of an unfolded cloth diaper (36" x 15") in ice cold water....then wrap it around your neck.

Then cover this with a dry, fluffy towel to absorb the wet water from the cold rag and insulate your neck.

The cold draws the blood to your neck to warm it along with antibodies.

Works everytime for me still...

I also recommend zinc, echinacea, Kyolic, Vitamin C and Vitamin A to boost the immune system at the first sign of anything that suggests an infection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.