Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best cure for a sore throat when pregnant, since cough drops and other normal methods are a no-no? Does anyone have some suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
When I was preggo with my ds and had a st I took source natural brand grape fruit seed extract(I get it from vitacost.com),and sodium ascorbate powder(3 pounds from vitaglo.com).<br>
Worked well for me.<br>
sara

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
My mother swears by garggling with Hydrogen Peroxide (the kind you get at the drug store). It is DISGUSTING but it can be very effective.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just got over a mild cold (fever, sore & dry throat) and it helped tremendously to drink a lot of water. You'll be up all night hitting the bathroom, try and nap during the day too.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It turns out I'm not pregnant after all. I totally thought I was, but I was not sure yet, so I was trying to err on the side of caution. Thanks for all the advice anyway.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, by the way, for anyone who is pregnant and battling a sore throat, I gargled with Listerine (the old-fashioned kind, not the flavored), and it totally helped. It made my throat feel much better for about a half hour, but made a difference over all too. Within a day or two my sore throat was gone.

·
Registered
24,934 Posts
When I was a child, my family did a 'priezman's compress' for sore throats....<br><br>
You soak a clean rag the size of an unfolded cloth diaper (36" x 15") in ice cold water....then wrap it around your neck.<br><br>
Then cover this with a dry, fluffy towel to absorb the wet water from the cold rag and insulate your neck.<br><br>
The cold draws the blood to your neck to warm it along with antibodies.<br><br>
Works everytime for me still...<br><br>
I also recommend zinc, echinacea, Kyolic, Vitamin C and Vitamin A to boost the immune system at the first sign of anything that suggests an infection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts