Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke down and checked out curly girl, and at its recommendation I will try conditioner only washing it. I am going to keep trying terressentials to detox my hair of all the buildup, but I will then move on to the curly girl routine. Any suggestions for natural or organic conditioners for this? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
i was just abt to come and ask abt this very thing!
as far as i read on the longhair community they say to use the cheapest conditioner out there but dont those also contain harmful ingredients?
will the conditioner-only routine work with all-natural conditioners?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
i'm wondering about this too. i heard that the natural stuff is too waxy and doesn't have the same surfactants, but i can't handle the fragrance in suave and such.

i just ordered some jason kids only conditioner. anyone know if this would work for co washing?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I follow curly girl and I use Jessi Curl products (www.jessicurl.com), which seem to work very well for me. They are a bit pricey though. There's a website (www.naturallycurly.com) that has a chat room and I'm sure they have some recommendations. But following curly girl is SO easy for me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I"ve done it with Kiss My Face, Nature's Gate and Aveda conditioners...I haven't had any problems but I do use shampoo once a week or so, depending. I am waiting for the stuff I'm using now to run out so I can try Aubrey Organics conditioner. The curly girl routine has totally saved my appearance, my hair has never been so quick and easy to manage and style!

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I *hear* that Nature's Gate Organics is a reasonably-priced line with natural ingredients that works for COing.

If you're doing CO the Curly Girl way (with which I'm not really familiar) the cost of your conditioner will probably be less of a factor, because it uses very little. If you do it the Long Hair Community way, you use gobs and gobs, so a lower-priced conditioner is a positive boon.

I use the cheap ones with the ucky chemicals
: psssst ... Suave "Naturals" Chamomile has a very mild scent. So does the Passionflower. At least, compared to the way the rest of 'em reek. But I so wish they'd just make an unscented one already!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.