Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's everyone doing?

We are still going here but it's tapered off a lot. Down to 2-3 times a day at best with still no milk. I thought my milk would start coming back a little by now but none so far. She is disinterested and her latch is horrible. She just latches loosely and doesn't suck. I really want to tandem nurse but it's looking doubtful with her lack of cooperation.

·
Registered
520 Posts
We were down to 2 - 3x per day (naps and sleep and occasional wakeup). Had to really limit it early because it was so painful. It was a difficult time. Now it doesn't hurt as much and he says he gets milk, so perhaps my milk started up and just the dry nursing hurt. His latch isn't the best and the toddler teeth are a bit anoying, but I can deal with it for 10 mins which is usu long enough.

·
Registered
245 Posts
We're still hanging in there. Lila still nurses to sleep, at least once during the night, when she wakes up, and during the day a couple of times. I don't think there's anything there, but she doesn't seem to mind. I really want her to wean on her own and not due to my pregnancy, so I'm starting to relax a little and feel like we're on the home stretch.

·
Banned
2,883 Posts
Julian is trying very hard to wean, but I'm really not ready for him to be done. He's less than 18 months old.
I offer a lot, and he only nurses once or twice a day. I am really torn. Part of me REALLY doesn't want to tandem, but the other part of me is SO NOT READY for him to wean.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Were still going strong. Kenna only nurses though for naps and bedtime and throughout the night. She doesn't at all ask when she is awake playing unless she gets a boo boo. I know I have no milk and probably won't until baby comes (at least that is how it was w/ 1st) She doesn't seem to mind. She just nurses out of comfort. I just worry about tandem ,because I never did it before and worry about her (Kenna) wanting to nurse more knowing there is milk and there not being enough for baby
I am going to buy adventures in tandem nursing very soon.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Still going strong. Ivy is still nursing whenever she gets the chance during the day and at least 2 times a night.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Gosh, I feel left out. I WISH my dd would cut down to 2-3 times a day. She would literally be attached to me all day and all night long if I would let her. She's 27 months old. I don't want her to wean, but I want her to cut back some. She's going to be in for a shock when the baby gets here and she doesn't have them all to herself.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Azalea had tapered off to nursing only at night and once or twice a day. I think my milk had nearly dried up completely for awhile there but now it seems to be coming back and her nursing sessions have picked up to several times a day, naptimes and waking more often at night. It's making me feel kinda
: at times. So lately I've taken to only letting her nurse to sleep and then when she wakes up in the middle of the night, telling her to go back to sleep. She cries abit but not more than a couple minutes and then goes back to sleep. I'm mostly worried that I won't be able to get any sleep whatsoever when this baby comes if I continue to let Zay nurse during the night.

·
Registered
705 Posts
DD (28 mo) is happy to have colostrum here at last. At least, there's fluid in my breasts which comes out clear -- so must be colostrum, right? It's much more comfy to nurse her now. We've been talking about "sharing milkies" with the baby. I'm still feeling nervous about tandeming, but I think it will work out fine... at least I'll have my big dd there to help out if I get engorged. I got engorged sooooo bad when she was born (even nursing on demand, very frequently) that we ended up with latch problems and a terrible experience with a pump I didn't know how to use. I'm thankful that I'll be able to just have an experienced nursling to get the milk out if it happens again...

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
My 22 mo old ds is still going strong. My milk's been gone forever, I don't hear him swallowing so I don't know if I have any colostrum yet. He's such a comfort nurser & nurses several times a day & night. I can't wait to see his face when my milk comes in.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Still nursing, no longer dry but can't get more than a dozen or so clear drops. we nurse somewhere around 2-4 times a day. I've had maybe a dozen days this whole pregnancy that he's only nursed once.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by susanrc View Post
Were still going strong. Kenna only nurses though for naps and bedtime and throughout the night. She doesn't at all ask when she is awake playing unless she gets a boo boo. I know I have no milk and probably won't until baby comes (at least that is how it was w/ 1st) She doesn't seem to mind. She just nurses out of comfort. I just worry about tandem ,because I never did it before and worry about her (Kenna) wanting to nurse more knowing there is milk and there not being enough for baby
I am going to buy adventures in tandem nursing very soon.
Ya I wanna buy adventures in Tandon nursing too! I'm hoping Dd will drink milk again as soon as its back but if not thats okay too she weened herself when I ran out of milk around 18 weeks

·
Registered
202 Posts
DD nurses like crazy. I think I lost my milk for a while but something is coming out now because I can hear her swallowing. I'm excited to see what she thinks when the milk comes in. I'm a little nervous about jealousy issues with the new babe nursing. I try to talk about the baby nursing all the time but she hasn't shown any signs of approving of that notion.
I'd really like her to slow down a bit, or at least give me a little bit of say in matter of when to nurse and when not to. She is very much attached to the breast.
Other things: Occasionally the nips are sore, occasionally I get the crazy skin crawling feeling when she nurses. Sometimes it's fine. It never has quite felt like it did before I was pregnant. I am really anxious to give birth (for a number of reasons) so that I get my old nipples back.
The nursing definitely triggers braxton-hicks too.

That's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nursingmama05 View Post
Still nursing, no longer dry but can't get more than a dozen or so clear drops. we nurse somewhere around 2-4 times a day. I've had maybe a dozen days this whole pregnancy that he's only nursed once.
We're back up to 4-5 times a day, mostly comfort stuff... after a boo-boo, etc. Always for naps and bedtime, plus the 3-4am constant nursing where she won't accept water or her pacifier anymore... only mommy milk will do.

I'm actually pretty happy about it. I really want to tandem (DD is still only 16 months), but I was afraid she was going to wean when it looked like my milk dried out. It's not fully back, but it's that clear, watery stuff... I can't really hand express it, but she must be getting something.

Emily

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.