Mothering Forum banner

Cute little cuddly Cael

809 views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  2 in August 
#1 ·
Cael arrived Sunday, August 6 at 4:45 pm . . . a full 12 minutes after we got to the hospital. He was out--completely--in one contraction! An unmedicated birth, as I'd hoped and planned (especially after being induced with the last two--what a difference!!). My water broke after we got to the hospital, I had a contraction, they checked me to discover I was complete, I had a contraction, the next contraction I felt the urge to push . . . though I did not consciously push, it felt like my body pushed on its own, and all of him came out at once. Doc had barely gotten on gloves and gown in time to turn and catch. The on-staff OB hadn't even made it into the room yet!

Breastfeeding is starting out difficult, just like the last two. I was just not meant to bf! Fortunately for my kids, I'm too stubborn to realize that.
So, it's slowly getting better. The scabs on my nipples are slowly getting smaller as we get better at getting a good latch. I had forgotten how painful this is for me.

Despite the bf problems, all is well and we are happily settling in as a family of five. Cael's older brothers are totally infatuated . . . which just makes me melt. They ask to hold him at least a dozen times a day, and give him kisses and hugs. They're being so gentle with him and truly delight in his presence. What more could I ask for?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.