Mothering Forum banner

Do you have a separate cutting board for onions and garlic?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 94.4%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people have a separate cutting board for onions and garlic? I think my husband thinks I'm crazy but the cutting board for onions and garlic really stinks and I don't want bread, for example, cut on it!

· Registered
6,778 Posts
I voted no, but I used to have a small cutting board that I used for garlic and onions. But now I cook with them so rarely (dh hates them) that I haven't bothered replacing it.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
I only have a separate cutting board for meat. The way I deal with onions is by using both sides of my cutting boards. So, one side is for veggies/onions, the other side for fruits and breads. The meat board is one side raw/ the other cooked. Make sure you mark which side is which though. Oniony apples are pretty bad!

· Registered
7,294 Posts
We only have one cutting board - made of bamboo! It's really great. We're vegan but if we ate meat, we'd have one for meat.

We don't cut garlic on the board, we just use a small knife and cut it right into whatever it is we're cooking. If it needs to be pre-prepared, I put it into a small ceramic ramekin. Onions I cut on the board.

Bamboo is VERY VERY VERY hard, and it doesn't absorb any of the flavors or smells. We also try to wash it right after we use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.