Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br><br>
I've decided to get an IUD (Mirena) - I'm seeing my dr. on Monday for the insertion. I just came back from picking up the prescription, and I noticed she also prescribed Cytotec to take vaginally Sunday night. I remember her mentioning she'd give me a drug, but I had assumed it was for pain and didn't really listen carefully as I didn't intend on taking it. Now I wish I had paid closer attention... The monograph strongly warns against using Cytotec while BF. I'm EBFing DS2 and DS1 is also still nursing, so no way am I taking it. I guess I have two questions: 1- why on earth would she prescribe this to me knowing I BF (she is very supportive of BF); and, 2- will I still be able to get the IUD on Monday if I don't take the drug. FWIW, I've already had Mirena (between DS1 and DS2) without Cytotec and it worked well for me.<br><br>
Thanks mamas!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
go back to whoever let you have it without using cytotec. if it's the same doctor than I don't see why they would have a problem with you doing it the way you did before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts