Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miscarried after 6 weeks and had a D&C on thursday....now, this is probably TMI, but after 'bleeding' brown gunk for a few days I started spotting bright red blood.-- especially after a BM.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned? This is my first everything..pregnancy, miscarriage...d&c, and I'm so scared of every little change.

Please share your experiences with me, ladies!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through this.
I think after a loss the bleeding will vary. It tends to go from brown to bright red back to brown etc. It may even stop all together only to start again in a day or two. I am pretty sure this is normal.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Yeah, I think it's normal to have bleeding, even off & on bleeding for up to 2 weeks after a miscarriage. I had a natural ultrasound, and was bleeding for more than 2 weeks and (so far as I know) everything is fine.

You may find that your next AF is different as well. I know mine was.

I am so sorry.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm so glad you posted this. I had my D&C yesterday and I have stopped bleeding completely. It's so strange. I figured my body is probably doing damage control and it will "get it" soon and start clearing things out in a few days. It's so strange!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.