Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
<p>The off and on bleeding is very common, even with a natural miscarriage. If the bleeding becomes heavy (soaking a pad an hour for a few hours) or if you have large clots (bigger than an egg), have fever, chills, vomiting, foul-smelling dicharge, etc., then you definitely need to be seen. What you're describing so far sounds like normal bleeding. The "mini period" theory sounds a bit off to me. I think this is normal.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You're not regressing but it's normal to feel that way when you don't know for sure when the bleeding will stop and normalcy will resume. I remember after my first mc (missed mc, ended naturally, baby was 13 weeeks) I had the stop and start pattern and I was in despair. I just wanted the bleeding to be done. Then it was (2 weeks later) and I didn't know when my first period would come because i knew that was variable. Again, despair. I just wanted to try again so badly. It started a month after the mc. (Now, that's different for everyone.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, I think things are going ok, or as ok as they can be for what you're going through, and you'll be there soon. ((((hugs)))) and feel free to join us on the HHAC thread.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts