Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be a while until we know if this is a boy, but even though we are leaning toward's not circing if it is a boy, we are wondering how to handle it when questions come up.

At some point, probably pretty quickly, our older ds will be asking why the baby is different (ds will have just turned 4 when this babe will be born). How do I handle this question without making 1st ds feel like something is wrong with him.

Then, later, 2nd ds is going to notice he is different than older brother and dad...how do I handle that. Keep in mind, the answers I give will probably be thrown back and forth between them when they pick on one another (which is bound to happen at some point).

I know that people here think the arguement of 'we are circing the 2nd because we did the first" is not a good enough reason to circ, but how do you handle the very real issues that will come up if you have them different without making either child feel like something is wrong with them?

· Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the responses folks! I knew that you would have good advice. I will do some searches too and see what else I can find also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.