Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH just called me to tell me that one of his co-workers has arranged to throw HIM a baby shower next Friday.... He was so touched. It's funny...he loves his clients and co workers...and hates his boss so much that he IS going to find a new job ASAP. It's such a sad conundrum for him. ... a total dialectical dilemma. He's never had a baby shower before...not just for HIM anyway! I think it's a great idea and he totally deserves it because he truly IS the dad of the year! of every year!

yay for showering dads with love too!

Reactions: katiemaeeee

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
That is very sweet! Marc's family and mine have gotten together to throw a shower for us that includes the dads, but a shower just for the dad is even better! (As long as the dad is cool with it, of course.)

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
That is very sweet!

My shower and my friend's shower I just went to was a nice mix of men and women - I can't imagine just having women! I like it that men get to be included in these things now :)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
DH isn't getting a daddy shower exactly, but a few of his dad friends have arranged a dad's afternoon. I think they're going shooting, and then probably out to get steaks. And they'll probably talk about their kids the whole time
ROTFLMAO.gif

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yay! That's so wonderful for him. I think it is so good to acknowledge fathers in the whole "showering" celebration! Our shower was thrown for both of us, my friends did a lot to shine light on DH's trasition to fatherhood, as much as my transition to motherhood, and it meant the world to him! Yay for dads getting some recognition too!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed! I have always felt that if our culture wishes for dads to feel and act more involved with their children, they need to honor them and the transition into fatherhood with as much sincerity as we do for women! Not only is a birthing mama doing something transformational, but so is a father! I've watched my DH grow from a young man to a competent caregiver whose hands are as adept at mine at soothing tears, changing diapers and offering support and good meals. He's about to have his first little girl....and there IS a reason we have the phrase "Daddy's girl"...so I am so glad he is to be honored, just for him, with gifts, treats, and praise. It's just wonderful!
Maybe, that's why I feel that Blessingway is better than Motherblessing....or maybe, Parentblessing is better? Or better yet....Familyblessingway....
wink1.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.