Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well definatly would be a GREAT day to have baby today! It's going to be nice out and Dh has meetings all day and he'd love to miss them. I had ctxs starting around 10pm. Pretty strong, cramping, nausea. I was able to sleep off and on all night. I vomitted around 2am and then my tummy felt alot better, no more bacon till baby is out! Thought maybe I'd wake up to water break like DD's this morning but still have ctx, cramping and gas. This is the most for the longest I've felt so far. I did feel like this for a week with DD but hoping since everything else has been different it won't last long this time.

I can't sleep anymore so I'm up on my birth ball trying to keep things going. Only time will tell.

Still don't see anything from Amy or Bexo...wondering what those babies are doing!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Quiet night for me. No action.
More and more spells of abdominal tightening after peeing, though.
I got some sleep, Peanut is typically squirmy and I started to pack my bag.
I washed the new dipes one last time and just have to wash a batch of newborn clothes.
I'm starting my mental telepathy campaign, now, in a feeble attempt to get Peanut on the same page.
GOGOGO!!!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I was up all night peeing
I'm tired and have a tired headache

Dd is home from school today. We're going to do something special today, not sure what but when you're 4 mcdonald's can be something special. So the bar isn't too high

Shine I hope your ctx lead to sonething. I've been in the on and ctx land for like 4 weeks myself so I know how frustrating it can be

·
Registered
565 Posts
Feeling blue today. Yesterday was a good day with the mw saying they felt comfortable with me being pregnant until 42 wks. So, I felt like things were fine. I then visited the acupuncturist in the afternoon and he explained that what he was doing was not a true induction, but just helping my body to prepare for an easier labor and recovery. These ctx that I've been having though are very strong and make me wonder if I will be able to handle the more intense ones to come. I did birth my second at home, but have to say I'm a little scared this time. I'm visiting the acupuncturist again today, actually everyday until this baby comes, and hopefully he can help my mood like he did yesterday. Good luck to you mamas. Hopefully your babies will be here soon.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
No action here since Sunday- I actually feel fine and suspect baby has settled back in comfortably. :-( I slipped and fell this morning, the good news is I landed on my knee, the bad news is that with my 200 lb pregnancy frame my knee hurts like hell. I'm just feeling a little blue too and also have a headache this morning. I stopped drinking the apple cider vinegar and now it seems I might be getting a cold sore again, so back to that routine for me. Fascinating stuff...I'll spare you any more mundane details of my life.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Had a dream my DH and best friend decided to go to France for two weeks, leaving today. I was mad! good thing it was a dream.

Last night my son fell out of a tree and and I was worried about him but he seems AOK this morning. Little kids are amazing.

Baby can be born ANY TIME.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I went out with friends last night to the local CHADD meeting. On the way there, we had dinner. Yummy chicken tortilla soup with avacado and tomato pesto cheesy bread.

On the way home I started having long, strong contractions. When I tried to go to sleep, I had horrible heartburn. I kept going to the bathroom because I thought I might vomit. Papaya enzyme helped a little. Finally, I propped my upper half up with pillows and fell asleep. I was up off and on last night with contractions and an achey lower back. I'm still having more frequent contractions - not labor contractions, but noticeably stronger.
Pesto has basil in it, doesn't it?
Think I'll stay away from pesto until after my mother blessing tomorrow ... I need to do cleaning today. Nesting on the fly!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Shine - I really hope this is it for you! Keep us updated!

I slept pretty well last night and have an u/s today at 1:30. This LO has been moving all morning and based on my last u/s and how much fluid I had I'm pretty sure he will pass this one too with flying colors.

I'm starving! I need to go eat breakfast!

Labor vibes to us all!
:

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Absolutely nothing happening here in terms of baby. Which is a really good thing because DH hasn't been doing he is supposed to regarding rest/meds and he can barely walk. If I went into labor right now. he'd be completely worthless to me since he can't even get up the stairs.

·
Registered
245 Posts
39 weeks, I have a midwife visit today and I'm secretly hoping she'll strip my membranes. With DD #1 I went into labor 2 days after having that done. SOOOO Ready for baby to make her arrival. Lots of early labor stuff going on but nothing that sticks around for to long.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
So I totally wasn't for interventions and so agree with wanting membranes stripped at my next appointment as well.

I told dh I think i'll just be pregnant forever and baby will eventually need to be induced because i'll go too long. Last night I told him i'd take his headache for a year if he would just finish being pregnant for me!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
40 weeks + 4. I thought for sure yesterday was they day. I had some intense, crampy contx most of the night and all morning, then everything just stopped. Nothing since then.

Come out baby! It really is time now!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
About 38 weeks here! Had an appointment this morning. I'm still only dilated about 1/2 a cm (so, not enough to count for anything) and measuring 38.5. So far my due date is staying around the end of this month... I gave the doctor a copy of my birth plan today and discussed a few things. (I didn't see my normal doctor because she might be out of town so I'll probably have to do it all over again next week) The doctor I saw was VERY excited I'm planning on breastfeeding
I also informed her that I'm refusing the Hep B vax (I have a signed, notorized form stating as much as well) and the look on her face can only be described as shock and horror
I'm in a teaching hospital so she's a resident (as is my other doctor) so my mom and I got a good laugh out of it.

She told me that the eye goop is required...does anyone know for sure if Texas requires it or where to research that? I tested negative for everything so I'm not worried about it...

DH might make it to the birth (if I deliver on time) so that's good news. (He's doing school for the Air Force a couple of states away so it was iffy whether he'd make it or not. I'll be honest and say I'm drinking 6oz or so of wine every night to try to keep from going into labor early (they told my mom to do it when I wanted to come early so I figured I'd try it)

Glad to know I"m not the only one not sleeping... between peeing every 30mins (he sits on my urethra so I have to twist around to pee at all most of the time...and even then only pee a tiny bit) and back pain I'm constantly up!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Shine - Im keeping my fingers crossed that its more than bacon keeping you crampy (or if it IS bacon, I hope it send you into real labor!)

Nancy - I think we are literally on the same exact pregnancy path here! I slept well last night too and Im getting the tightening, especially after peeing!!!

Azreial -
Ugh, sucks being up all night. Maybe dd can watch a movie today while you take a nap?

justicesmom - is there something he CAN do to start labor? Ive never been but it seems that if theres something to help recover, there should be something to help start it!!!

heatherweh -
Dang. It seems like being preg really exacerbates all medical problems!!! I hope your knee feels better soon and lets be thankful it didnt pop out of socket!!!!!!!

emma - That dream is hilarious!! Are you scared they wont make it to your birth?! Im glad your son is ok. They always say kids bones are like rubber and it really seems to be true!!!

bennypai - your meal last night just made me drool, now I wonder where I can get that same meal at 8:51 am here....

michelle - Da**it! I thought about you all night!!!! I was hoping youd be one of the 3 that has their babies. Im glad you got a good nights sleep, they are coming fewer and farther between for everyone it seems!

Peony - ugh, sorry about your dh, that sucks. Any estimate of how long hes going to be down? Do you have other support for the birth just in case?

mermaidmomma - How far along were you last time when the mw stripped you?

murph - I was thinking about you too last night, I hoped Id see you had your baby today. Eh.

daisy - dang on the loss of those ctx!!! Ill keep my fingers crossed youre in labor soon!!!

Went to the emergency "catch class" at my mw house last night!! It was fun, 4 couples doing homebirth, all with different first births (hospital, c-sect, preemie babies) there was even a deaf couple there! The mw had a fresh placenta to show us (some people have never seen one!) and my dd was literally on top of the mw getting a good view and asking questions!!!

My blood sugar has been looking great and I feel good so this baby can literally come anytime without the worry of extra heel pokes!!

I have the day off today!! (til 2) dd is in school and dh started his new job so hes gone all tuesdays! Im very excited!!!

Have a great one!!!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Just wanted to add...the doctor JUST called to remind me to have copies of my birth plan and refusal form in case something gets lost (way ahead of you, I made 4 copies of everything) AND to give me a brief lecture on the Hep B Vax and why it's good. "You never know when you or the baby are going to need a blood transfusion" was her big selling point.
Got it. She also mentioned the eye goop again and this time didn't sound 100% that it was required...just highly recommended. Off to research that.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
Glad to know I"m not the only one not sleeping... between peeing every 30mins (he sits on my urethra so I have to twist around to pee at all most of the time...and even then only pee a tiny bit) and back pain I'm constantly up!

I have to do the same thing to pee, it's so annoying. All that effort for the tiniest little bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Peony - ugh, sorry about your dh, that sucks. Any estimate of how long hes going to be down? Do you have other support for the birth just in case?

I can call my mom, but as a very last resort. She has been driving me absolutely nuts lately, calling constantly to check if I'm in labor. The last person who I want to see while laboring right now is her. They don't know, they said maybe 2 weeks but he is doing the opposite of everything the docs and I are telling him so who knows. He obviously will still be limping around when baby arrives but it would be nice if he wasn't completely doped up on pain meds, able to play with the kids, and can go upstairs with having to crawl. He did finally take his other meds and let me make an appointment for tomorrow with his primary care doc so we'll see.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I think there are laws fir eye goop in most states but you can sign a waiver. It's the law in ma but only my 1st had it. We just signed the waiver with the other kids. Same with the hep b

DD and I went to a pottery painting place after my pt appmnt. I think she had a good time. I ended up painting most of her box though. I'm sure she'll be all excited when we go to pick it up on Thursday

Thechat is really slowing down now that all those babies are being born

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azreial View Post

Thechat is really slowing down now that all those babies are being born
I've actually avoided coming in here lately because I feel so left out! I'm SO uncomfortable and ready to be done and it's kind of depressing to see all the wonderful birth announcements.

·
Registered
565 Posts
justicesmom - is there something he CAN do to start labor? Ive never been but it seems that if theres something to help recover, there should be something to help start it!!!

QUOTE]

The way he explained it to me is that he can't do anything my body is not ready for. Not that we are not hopeing it won't happen though. Everyday, he says I hope I don't see you tomorrow and we both laugh. I do have contractions on the table while he's working on me, but nothing has stayed yet. I'm going again today so we will see.
There is a lady on here that has been prediciting babies gender and she predicted this babies birth date as the 19th. I feel pretty silly to say I really believe her. I have heard she's pretty accurate.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.