Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm up might as well start the thread...So wonder if we'll have full moon babies??? I am so torn, I don't know what to hope for. I"m so ready for this baby to come but my doula is out of town again (her FIL is not doing well) I feel terrible wanting her here for my sake as I know she needs to be with her family but I also feel so lost thinking of going into labor without her here. she was my one constant since I'm in a MW group of 4 MWs. She has a backup but I don't know her. So one minute I say "wait baby till tomrrow" and the next minute I say "just come anyway". Poor girl will be born confused!!!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11
I think my full moon needs new batteries. Nothing happening.

I so needed a laugh this morning!!! Thanks Nancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate
idk yet...but i imagine it's not instantaneous. after the massage i took a hot towel and draped over belly to try and drive it in.

pumping now..on the birthball all day

I may have to try these...So hoping it is working for you!!!!

Lindsey: I slept really great last night till 4am...now I"m wide awake. I guess that's better than being up every few hours which is what the last few nights have been like. I took a walk after supper and a bath so maybe that helped relax me???

"liseux - Im so sorry for your loss. I know from experience that just because your loved one is in hospice and you KNOW what it really means, it doesn't make it ANY easier." This was Lindsey's response, but I second this. My dad was in hospice 6 years ago and passed there. I miss him terribly!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I woke up this morning feeling really crampy and nauseous. My EDD is Saturday, so we'll see! Maybe tonight's the night! My first child came 9 days after my EDD but I went into labor when there was a full moon. So here's hoping!
:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Hi, everyone! Here's hoping the full moon will do the trick for those who have been waiting for labour.
:

Hugs to all who need one.

I've been finding it difficult to keep up with these chat threads.
I don't know if it's my ADD or what, but I have an easier time joining in the topic threads. I feel like everyone has been getting to know each other here in the chats, so I am trying. I don't have any IRL pregnant friends this time around and it has been a great comfort to follow along, even when I haven't always been able to post. I'm grateful to you all for keeping these up!

I thought I was starting labor the night before last. I woke up moaning and my back was aching with my contractions. I got my poor DP up at 2AM and asked him to run a bath for me. Then I ordered him to move the toddler bed out of our room to clear space for my birth tub and wash all of our towels and wash cloths. Guess who never got around to those important to-do items ...
Luckily, it was the first of what I'm sure will be many false alarms. I will need the extra time to finish getting things ready, so I'll take that sticky-baby smilie when it becomes available ...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I went to sleep upset, because Peanut did not move noticably after dinner and for the followingthree hours (despite the jelly beans I ate). We poked it around and got it to respond, so I fell asleep.

At 3am, I woke up to lots of tightening and some crampy feelings. This went on basically all morning. My belly is particularly sore to the touch out in front, where it has stretched the most, and Peanut has been squirming for hours.

I'm sure I'm still in "prep" mode, but it's interesting to have new things happen. My mental due date is in the teens -- actual due date being the 25th. I wonder if I can "think" Peanut into it. Talking doesn't seem to phase it.

Last night, Dan said: "Well, if it's like you, it's going to do whatever it wants, whenever it wants. If it's like me, it will be early or on time."

True that.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
well it looks like my child doesn't like to listen to mommy already - he's not here just and that means we'll have to miss seeing anyone for my dd's 3rd birthday.

Had some contractions last night, walking and still had them, on birthing ball and still had them. Layed down for a small bit and fell asleep - DARN! But I think I was feeling pulling in my cervix area so god willing they were actually doing something. I'm tired of being at 3 cent and 90% effaced for 3 weeks now! GRRRRR

He didn't get his kick counts yesterday, so i'll be calling in today. Mind you I don;t know if he's still supposed to when I'm having contractions so... and he's normally active in evenings which is when i had the contractions.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Good morning everyone! I am getting induced this morning! It was a tough decision but since I made it I am very certain that it is the best decision for us right now

I have been having lots of contractions and pressure again in the last few days so I am hoping that when they check me this morning they are able to just break my water and go from there. We'll see

Good luck to those of you who go into labor in the next few days!! I am so choked up right now knowing that I am going to get to meet my baby today

Amy

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
nancy 11- i so hear you on the sore muscles. went to bed w/liagment pain and it just got worse during the night along with CTXs and backache.hardly slept. Dh told me yesterday he doesn't actually sleep untill I leave bed in the am so tried to be nice and get up if I felt I was tossing too much. Just one more night for me.

Have a busy day planned ds14 dr appt basket and egg hunt at my mom's. I need to reschdule the drs appt can't do it today too little sleep and too much pain. Can barely breath. For some reason whe my induction was scheduled I thougt that the end being in sight would help me to relax and maybe lo would come on his own before hadn but I guess not.

The days early hope there are positives for everyone!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amyandelle View Post
Good morning everyone! I am getting induced this morning! It was a tough decision but since I made it I am very certain that it is the best decision for us right now

Amy

great big

Regardless of how baby gets here, I hope you are holding your healthy little one soon!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm so hoping something starts happening soon! 41weeks tomorrow and NOTHING is going on. Trying to stay positive but it's getting harder.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamathomas View Post
I'm so hoping something starts happening soon! 41weeks tomorrow and NOTHING is going on. Trying to stay positive but it's getting harder.
Hang in there, Mamathomas. I went to 41 weeks +2 days with my last one, so I know how you feel!!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Shine-- I'm usually up around 4am too. Sometimes I get back to sleep, sometimes not. I still don't have the energy to actually do anything when I'm up, although I think about cleaning the refrigerator or something!

Nancy-- get those batteries? You have the same EDD as I, and I've also thinking mid-April, but now I'm going to pay for it.

Bexo-- Here's hoping for another full moon baby! Mine haven't been born anywhere near the full moon, so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Jenny--I feel the same about these chat threads, but I keep reading just to keep updated. I hardly every do personals but if the thread is short I'll try! So sorry about the false alarm. That seems to be happening a lot on here!

Amy--Good luck! I hope something is already happening!

Mamathomas-- so sorry! It's your first? Isn't the average for first timers a week over their EDD? Hope she comes any day now!

We have a busy day today. It's DH's birthday, so I'm hoping baby doesn't actually come today. Over the weekend would be good. We actually DTD last night and I stayed up seeing if anything was going to happen, but it didn't. I can't get very good sleep anymore, I keep dreaming I'm in labor and timing the contractions.
Ugh!

We're going to a park playdate this afternoon, so I'll get some exercise and some distraction and the kids will hopefully get tired.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Good luck, Amy!

Nancy, I had similar issues with lo, except he decided to wait moving until an hour ago or so. Now he's moving and easily getting the kick count, but he seems to be stuck. All action is focused on one place. Unless he stretches. Then, it feels like he's tearing through my skin.

Murph, sorry to hear about your daughter's birthday party, and I hope all is well with the baby.

Bexo, hope this is it for you
:

Liseux, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother over two years ago, and she had been in a hospice for a while. But I still really miss her and wish she could see the baby when he comes.

I hope the full moon will bring lots of babies even though I'm getting used to the idea that I won't be giving birth any time soon. I remembered that things usually happen in my life when I expect them last so by not expecting the baby to come, things may speed up.

We were supposed to meet with a pediatrician this morning, but they moved the appointment to noon. I'm ok with that for today but I hope this is an exception and not the norm at their practice. I really hate it when doctors think that women/moms have nothing better to do than wait around for appointments or change plans at the last minute. So, I will add that to my list of questions.

Rest of the day will be spend tying up loose ends in my office. I have some administrative stuff to take care off, and I should really clean the place before the baby comes. 9 months worth of stacks of paper and books is not a pretty sight.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Quote:

Good luck, Amy! I can't wait to see a birth story and baby picture!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamathomas View Post
That does sound frustrating. The baby really can't stay in there forever, right? He/she has to come out sooner or later, hopefully sooner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by webjefita View Post
We have a busy day today. It's DH's birthday, so I'm hoping baby doesn't actually come today.
It's my DH's birthday today too. I'm going to try to exert the effort to make him a nice dinner and possibly a dessert of some sort (he doesn't really like cake). I told him he has to wait until tomorrow for his present though. But the present is a daughter, so it's worth waiting for!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bexo View Post
I woke up this morning feeling really crampy and nauseous. My EDD is Saturday, so we'll see! Maybe tonight's the night! My first child came 9 days after my EDD but I went into labor when there was a full moon. So here's hoping!
:
Sounds promising! I hope today's the day for you. I just realized though how funny it is to be congratulating someone about cramps and nausea.
Pregnancy is pretty funny sometimes.

As for me, today I have to do laundry, finish my hospital bag, finish up and print out the baby care plan to bring to the hospital, tidy up around the house a little bit, and cook DH's birthday dinner. I better get started.

Exactly 24 hours from now I get to see my baby!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Here's to hoping the full moon does its magic for all of us wanting it to bring on labor!
:

Nancy - sorry to hear about your scare last night. Mine has been moving basically non stop (I'm not sure when he sleeps) and when he is quiet its so tough. Also sorry to hear about the sore muscles.

Sheesh, it is tough to come on here later than normal and try to catch up!!!!

Amy - good luck today - we'll be thinking of you!

Today is my first day off of work and I slept until 9:30 - what a great start! They had a cake for me at work yesterday and gave me a card with money in it - it was so very nice of my co-workers - so I think we are going to go shopping for the baby today!!!! I have a doctor's appt at 2 and I am so hoping to hear some good news
:

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Not much going on here. I need to spend this morning getting the house ready again. I keep everything picked up, food stocked in the fridge, basically everything ready for me to labor and birth in this space without it driving me nuts! I haven't done that in a couple days, children destroy it faster then I can keep up.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Not much going on here. I need to spend this morning getting the house ready again. I keep everything picked up, food stocked in the fridge, basically everything ready for me to labor and birth in this space without it driving me nuts! I haven't done that in a couple days, children destroy it faster then I can keep up.

This scares me - DH and I have a hard time now when its just the two of us

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Oh, and I know I had this coming, but this is what I say to acupuncture, castor oil belly massage and nipple stimulation (which hurts btw)
:

Oh - and the acupuncture cost me 160 bucks because I did it twice!! I felt that it caused some things to go on in there but if I get to the DR and hear a big fat "nothing is going on" than I'm not going to be happy!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Quote:

:
:GL!!

nancy - glad peanut is okay!

michelle- congrats on your first day of mat leave!

everyone else -

I'm 41 weeks today....still here

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.