Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morn ladies!

I didn't make it on much yesterday and was surprised to see the lack of pages in the daily chat yesterday...hope that means the full moon helped lots of you to go into labor! I'm so happy to see we have a few new babies and some moms making progress in that direction!

Today is B day for me. Induction at 8am. Excited and scared. Got about 6 hrs of decent sleep last night- not straight thru but feel much more rested than yesterday. Will not be able to get back to sleep today before I have to call/leave at 7. So i hope labor goes fast and 6 hr is enough. Hey seems like 6 is a good number for me!

Probably won't be back to post and see how everything is for you ladies till Sunday night on Mon morn so sending out laobr vibes, happy easter wishes, and general love for all. I can't wait to see how many other mommas get to meet their los this weekend! I think it may be a big one for births for us!

I'll be back before I leave. Can't seem to stay away and not check up on ya'll.

Thank you ladies for being here with me!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well, the full moon did NOTHING for me. Not even any cramping...not even a little Braxton-Hicks action...bah humbug!
: Tomorrow is my EDD and something tells me I'm going to go past it again. Trying my best to stay positive!!!!!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Good luck fairymom!!! I'll be thinking of you today!

Bexo - sorry you're not feeling anything. I hope it happens with a bang really soon!

afm - I've been lying in bed the last 3 hours with fairly regular painful contractions every 7-9 mins. Now that I'm up, though, I haven't had one in 10mins
. Either it had better speed up or stop alltogether since the IL's are coming later today and I DO NOT want them around.... even though I've coordinated (oh here comes the next contraction, hang on... not so painful this time, they must be slowing) a neighbour to be here with the boys. It would just make it so much more complicated. We'll have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath that it'll happen this mornning. I'm more worried that I'm starting early labour that will last for a day or so and then it'll happen in the midst of the IL's visit. Darn you IL's!

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Last night was so not what I wanted.
: I had BH every 1-2 minutes for hours, not real contractions, just a rock hard, uncomfortable uterus that made sleeping almost impossible. Not to mention peeing, it's really hard to pee when there is constantly a BH occuring. Now I'm just exhausted, all crampy and achy, and very short tempered.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The full moon may have done something for me yesterday but then it all stopped this morning. UGH! Sorry you didn't have much luck with it either Bexo.

Looks like Kate, Fairymom will have babies today...Can't wait to hear the news!!!

Lilgreen...sorry about the inlaws. Isn't it hard to say come baby, then say no wait baby. I have the same thing only with my doula being out of town. Today would be great, Sat/Sun not great! So come today baby or you'll have to wait till MOnday!

I really thought labor was getting started yesterday. It started around 1pm and I hadn't had ctx during the day. These were actaul ctx...the ones before were just BH-didn't know till I felt these...though not super hurty. Cramping, wetness below, low back pain....went on till late last night then I finally fell asleep and woke every 3 hours, would have one Ctx, go potty and back to sleep. Then woke this morning, to only lower back pain. I'm so dissapointed. Trying not to be but it's so hard!!! Have MW appointment today so will see what comes of that.

ETA sorry Peony...it is so frustrating when things don't progress... alot of our babies are allready stubborn it appears.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
And I'm 10 days before my EDD, this is exactly when DD1 was born. So baby, if you want to actually beat your biggest sister at something (she is very competitive BTW), you have until 10:30 tonight to vacate....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peony View Post
And I'm 10 days before my EDD, this is exactly when DD1 was born. So baby, if you want to actually beat your biggest sister at something (she is very competitive BTW), you have until 10:30 tonight to vacate....
Monday is when DD was born 11 days before EDD so Monday would be good for me! I don't know how emotionally I'm going to handle it if I go to 40 weeks...I will be fine, but it will be hard on me. Darn those expectations!!!

ETA I'm not even to my EDD but I feel like this pregnancy is going to last FOREVER. It has been a loooong hard one for me and I'm just so ready...I'm sure some others feel this way too. Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine....

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Monday is when DD was born 11 days before EDD so Monday would be good for me! I don't know how emotionally I'm going to handle it if I go to 40 weeks...I will be fine, but it will be hard on me. Darn those expectations!!!

ETA I'm not even to my EDD but I feel like this pregnancy is going to last FOREVER. It has been a loooong hard one for me and I'm just so ready...I'm sure some others feel this way too. Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine....
I feel the same. I've never even made it until 39 weeks before! I don't want to think about the fact that this thing could happily stay in there another 4 weeks or so.
:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I'm sleepy today. I had a late night. It was my fault - Religulous came through Netflix and I invited a friend over to have dinner and watch it with us. Now I've got to get my girls ready for a birthday party ...

I'm still happy to wait for my EDD in nine days so we'll have more time for preparations (and my friends are finally working out mother blessing plans this week). I haven't done my belly cast yet, either.

However, I do not want to wait the extra 2 and a half weeks that I did last time.
Both my children were more than a week past their EDDs, though. The New Moon on 4/25 will probably be a closer EDD for me.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Fairymom - best of luck today
!!!!

Well today is my due date - and nope not feeling anything
Apparently the full moon didn't work for me either! Eh I didn't really think it would. The good news is that I slept until 11:00!!!! Hehe I needed it! I'm going to sleep all I can right now. I think we are going to go into the city (Boston) today and walk around. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Time for the jaws of life.
laughup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I feel the same. I've never even made it until 39 weeks before! I don't want to think about the fact that this thing could happily stay in there another 4 weeks or so.
:
Glad to know I"m not the only one who is worried about hitting EDD. Everyone I talk to here says "aren't they supposed to stay in their till 40 weeks?" No thats just a number, DD was fully healthy and ready at 38 weeks.

I've decided to be JOYFUL this weekend. It's Easter and JESUS is RISEN! This baby will come when she comes and I need to celebrate my last few days/weeks pregnant as I don't plan to do this again. Got showered, did hair/makeup, dressed nice, did DD's hair and dressed her pretty...we have a MW appointment this afternoon then an Easter Celebration at DH work, then church. So it will be a GREAT day... labor or no labor!!!!! Sending you all a Happy EASTER!!!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Fairymom - Heres hoping you have a safe and fast delivery!!!!

Azreial - from yesterdays thread, thats funny about the mom who said that in the US, we dont have big families, but here, 3 kids is considered big!! I know that in Columbia and Africa, the families are LARGE, AVERAGING 6 and 8 kids per family!

Bexo -
seems like the full moon didnt work for a bunch of ladies!!! DH said last night , well I guess its time to try pineapple (even though its 2 weeks early) and I laughed. Im not sure how many women are on this board, but it doesnt seems like the natural stuff helped any of them, were all just waiting on our BABIES to decide!

lilgreen - Isnt it funny how our bodies subconsciously seem to control contractions? Like if I hurt myself in front of my daughter, I can keep it together for her, as long as I need, but then when shes gone, Im a mess of tears and complaints!! Hopefully your ILs will leave and the baby will come fast! Im wondering how ILL act in front of dd1 when the ctx start!

Peony - I can only offer you hugs
and hopes that it comes soon!!

Shine - How many days has this labor been off and on?! Maybe you should write this in the baby book! "Labored for 12 days" lol!!! Its too bad your doula has to be out of town so much, is she far? What will happen if the baby picks the wrong day?...and this has definitely been a long, hard preg too. Sheesh! Oh and I love you your positive attitude!!! have a great Easter!!!!!

Nancy - Maybe we should make rules, such as no jaws of life, no sit ups and absolutely NO Trapeze antics!!!

Bennypai - Sounds like you have a lot to do but it all sounds FUN and relaxing!!!!!
:

Michelle - have FUN in Boston, I hope the walk and excitement gets things moving!!!

As for me, I had a little (pretty huge actually) breakdown yesterday, Im doing concurrent care with the mw AND the docs. That means 2 appts a week. Plus the new doc wants me to do 3 u/s, 2 hrs a week fetal monitoring, Im testing my blood 4 times a day, and I had that 3 hr glucose test on monday, nutritionist and diabetes nurse was on wed, I have the emergency catch class on monday, diabetes clinic on thurs, plus dd saw a new doc yesterday.
I feel like Im ALWAYS at the doc or doing something for a doc lately. Yesterday I was DONE with everything, but last night I decided I would give the new doc ONE u/s and ONE fetal monitoring, becasue honestly, they just have all the paperwork for the baby with SO many mis-diagnosis, it must be hard to weed through it all!!

But I DID pick up dd1s Big sis gift, a silver heart shaped locket necklace!!! She is in LOVE with them and Kit Kittredge and after she cut her hair like Kit, I thought this would be a great gift!!

Ok off to get the final pedicure before the baby is born! Im taking dd with me too, girls morning!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Yeah, my son was due the 23/24 and was born on the 11th... and this LO is due the 23/24 and Sat is the 11th... my mom gets here Sat... could be the right day, eh?

I spent all day yesterday in bed, hardly could eat, groggy, tired, uncomfortable, pressure/cramping everytime I got up, and weird, disorganized, painful contractions at seemingly random times through the day. Mostly I slept all day, roused myself to take care of our lovely, cooperative 4yo son for a few hours in the evening, and then after he went to bed I watched a movie and then slept all night. Was it the full moon? Just my body pooping out from the stress of being full-term?

Feeling a bit better today and my DH went off to work for a friend (he's currently laid off but doing some under-the-table construction work). I am home with DS and in a bit will try to at least clean up the house. If I'm up for it I'll try to manufacture some reason for a long walk, but yesterday when I went to campus for an eye exam and to pick up paperwork I had to send in for a grant application, I felt SO terrible, and I am nervous about getting far alone w/ our son and having to make my way home again if I feel badly.

I have no idea if I'm sick, having pre-labor, or both. I did have 2 days of pre-labor w/ my first but it was very different, just lots of on-and-off contractions, but I could live my normal life around it. And then the actual labor and delivery was quick- I arrived at the BC at just 4cm and he was born about 4 hours later (transition and second stage were less than 30 minutes each).

This morning my son said (while looking down at the appropriate area, which was clothed BTW) "maybe the baby is actually coming out already and you just haven't noticed it." I wish! I have already been sleeping in just a nursing bra and pants, so I think in the morning he wake up and looks at me and I look so GIGANTIC, ykwim?

Good luck ladies, at least a FEW of us will still be on here for a while.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Emma- oh yes I'll be on here with you all for a while longer I'm sure. I'm finding it really hard to be patient though even thought I told myself I would be. Its mostly because I've been feeling so icky lately, lots of cramps, what feels like real contractions, achy hips, sore back, exhaustion, irritability- you know... My EDD isnt until the 23rd, but since DS came early I guess I had the misguided notion subconsciously that this one would too.

Shine: I feel you on the pre-labor for days (or weeks- who knows how long it'll be).

Fairymom- good luck! we'll be talking to you in a few days then and hearing about how wonderful your birth went and how much you're enjoying that LO!
:

Benny- I am with you on napping! I'm going to try right now actually.

It looks like the full moon did work for a lot of mamas actually, it seems like there's a huge list of new babies each day now!

Went on a nice long walk today with a friend and by the last couple blocks I was doubled over from ctx or cramps or cervical pain or whatever you call it (btw I realized I definitely tense and hold my breath with pain, so that realization gives me something to work on I guess). Of course stopped once I got home and got my feet up and drank some water.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
had contractions again last night, but no baby...

Now I just have to hope baby doesn't want to be a total stinker and show up on his big sister's birthday tomorrow! It would figure if he did though. We have easter egg hunt and easter things to go to tomorrow. His sister does not need a reason from the beginning to be upset at him!

The house is a total mess. I haven't done a single thing in a week. Of course my lazy butt dh hasbn't either, but he's not pregnant, so no excuse, except for being lazy. I really need to do dishes before we have every dish dirty in the house!

Need to do some laundry too today. It's piling up. I was doing good and was finally getting everything well caught up. Then I totally slacked and it's back to piling up again. So we'll see how much of that I can tackle today.

The other rooms need picked up as well. They are all showing signs of my not doing anything.

I'd prefer is baby came on Sunday now. Because I don;t want to celebrate my dd's birthday in the hospital. Well, Sunday after about 3pm would be nice. Or anytime after that is fine.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Lindsey
I know you must be getting frustrated with doctors - you are almost there!!!!

So - I just started a thread about castor oil and really need some opinions. I'm starting to really consider trying it, I just fear that the baby could pass his first bowel movement in the womb. I feel like I know so many people who at least try it, but now I'm so worried. What do you guys think? I'm due today and probably wouldn't need to try this until next week sometime. If I'm still pregnant I think I am going to go into the hospital on Thursday night to start an induction. COME ON BABY!!!!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Baby kept me up until almost 1am with big wiggled and kicks. I'm so tired today and ds1 had no school so we ran errands all morning

I hear you on the too many dr appmnt thng. I have the hb mw, the bc and pt!!! Plus it seems like I get another 1or 2 other appmnts thrown in. Now that I'm "over due" the appmnts are just going to increase

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I really need to do dishes before we have every dish dirty in the house!
Yeah, I hear ya. We live in a 3-room apartment and there is no escaping from the clutter if its around! I really should do the dishes, pick up, and do a "touch up" vacuum job, but I am so unmotivated. And the fridge needs to be cleaned (at least just wiped up...) and really I ought to clean the bathroom and the kitchen sinks. Yikes. I just sounds like SO MUCH when I think about it all at once. Doing 10 minutes here and there would be a much better approach.

Blah.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.