Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
15,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After reading through the rest of yesterday's thread, I see why it's slow, everyone is in labor! Definitely not happening at my house.
I called the backup MW last night just to let her know I was still pg since I hadn't contacted her in weeks. She was going to be somewhat in my area today for another client, but I didn't see the need to see her. I'm still doing good with no prenatals, and being the awesome MW that she is, she didn't care if she saw me or not.

I think we are taking the girls swimming this morning, and then I was entertaining driving an hour away to go shopping. I've been wanting to go to Target forever, that is the closest one, and by this point I figure I'm fine with going that distance and tempting labor to start.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
up early here to take dd to the Y for a free day of swimming and fun! Well I'm not getting in the water - I'm too afraid my water will break while i'm in there and i'll cause a mess.

I think I'll find somewhere to walk around while they swim though.

Stupid contractions. I'm so tired of stupid BH contractions. I just want the real thing to start. I tried to help out the contractions last night so they decided to go away...annoying!

· Registered
254 Posts
Good morning girls

I'm still here and... well, still nothing
Actually, my due date is not until the 21st so I guess you'll see me around for a looong tie before I come screaming "yeaaaaaaah, baby is coming !!"

Have a good day, all of you

· Premium Member
15,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
up early here to take dd to the Y for a free day of swimming and fun! Well I'm not getting in the water - I'm too afraid my water will break while i'm in there and i'll cause a mess.

I think I'll find somewhere to walk around while they swim though.

Stupid contractions. I'm so tired of stupid BH contractions. I just want the real thing to start. I tried to help out the contractions last night so they decided to go away...annoying!
I see it's your EDD.
I'm going swimming, anything that might tempt baby to come.
I'm not that concerned about my water breaking though, the last two times it hasn't broke until I started pushing. Course this pg has proven to be nothing like the others. I'm starting to think it's a boy in there, or one stubborn little girl....

· Registered
68 Posts
Due today. I'm with you girls, sick of the BH and now even more afraid of posterior baby! His legs are all in front, that's gonna hurt.....

I get to tempt labor with a 2 hour drive today
, maybe that will work!! I'm going to see the accupuncturist again, she's about an hour one way!! She is VEEERY good so maybe I'll get some good news soon...seen as everyone else is in labor!! LOL. my turn my turn! Hope your drive/swim helps your babies along!

· Registered
680 Posts
I'm still around. And I'm officially at 39 weeks now. I am not in labor, but I have felt crampy almost non-stop since yesterday afternoon. I'm not putting too much stock in it though.

We're heading to Portland for the day to get some last minute things for the baby and to stock up at the Asian store and Whole Foods. We may also spend some time on the coast and/or find some spicy food. Got to keep busy.

I wish everyone a great day whether you're in labor or not.
:

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FischK View Post
I'm still around. And I'm officially at 39 weeks now. I am not in labor, but I have felt crampy almost non-stop since yesterday afternoon. I'm not putting too much stock in it though.
Me, too. All of that. ^^

Gonna mow the lawn today, with my self-propelled thingie. I hope the walking helps and I hope I can get through the whole thing. It usually takes 1.5 hours -- I may have to give my husband the back yard to do. I just don't like how he makes crooked lines. :-/

· Registered
2,124 Posts
I have one more week and three more days to go till the 29th. I WAS suppose to see Afshan Moosha this evening for Henna art on my pregnant belly. She had to make other plans because I failed to confirm my appointment.
I'm so bummed. It was totally my fault. I wanted to go to her because her price is competitive and she has been doing this since she was 12. Her work is amazing! So, instead I'll see someone else on Wednesday. She charges $55 MORE!
oh well, this is something I really really want to do.

· Registered
3,096 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I'm starting to think it's a boy in there, or one stubborn little girl....
I told my husband (who was born at 43 weeks) that boys gestate on average a couple of days longer than girls. He wrote a poem about his birth written from his mother's perspective, that had the line in it "she knew he was a boy/ the way he would not leave her body". Both his mother and I think it's hysterical

I'm always lurking and cheering on the still-pregnant mamas! Come on, babies!

· Registered
1,165 Posts
yea as everyone keeps reminding me, boys take longer to mature...I just look at DH and say I'm already aware of that fact...

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
I have one more week and three more days to go till the 29th. I WAS suppose to see Afshan Moosha this evening for Henna art on my pregnant belly. She had to make other plans because I failed to confirm my appointment.
I'm so bummed. It was totally my fault. I wanted to go to her because her price is competitive and she has been doing this since she was 12. Her work is amazing! So, instead I'll see someone else on Wednesday. She charges $55 MORE!
oh well, this is something I really really want to do.
My BFF does awesome Henna. I don't think I want it all over my belly, though. We do it every summer for fun. I'll do it later to cover my ugly stretch marks after they turn my belly into a raisin.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
yea as everyone keeps reminding me, boys take longer to mature...I just look at DH and say I'm already aware of that fact...
Uhm... boys never mature... >.<

· Registered
2,881 Posts
Still here. pretending to work at a coffee shop. I think I'm going to take a nice little uphill walk to the pharmacy in a bit and buy some EPO. (I've put it off but getting impatient). Sent my mom, husband, and son out for a few hours because, sad to say, they are all sort of getting on my nerves.

· Registered
522 Posts
Quote:

After reading through the rest of yesterday's thread, I see why it's slow, everyone is in labor! Definitely not happening at my house.

Not here either, sadly...

Quote:

I think we are taking the girls swimming this morning, and then I was entertaining driving an hour away to go shopping. I've been wanting to go to Target forever, that is the closest one, and by this point I figure I'm fine with going that distance and tempting labor to start.

I am past caring where I am when labor starts, just so long as it does. I would be perfectly happy if my water broke at Walmart, at this point.

42 weeks is Tuesday (we think...argh, not having definite dates is getting a bit irritating!). Wednesday I'm seeing the chiropractor (if still pregnant), Thursday going in for a biophysical profile. At least, as I pointed out to DH, one way or another I'll see the baby Thursday.
We choose not to have routine ultrasounds, so we haven't had any this pregnancy. I'm choosing to think of that as a fun treat, instead of thinking about any issues they could find.

Doing EPO and long walks, here, as well as spending lots of time on the excercise ball...

Thankfully baby has been really active. That is definitely helping keep me sane!

· Registered
2,051 Posts
My labor has started and stalled twice.
It is such a tease, because I've never had any sign of labor prior to 41 weeks. I am 40 weeks this weekend.

Things picked up after my mother blessing on Wednesday. I alerted family & MW, but the action slowed down during Thursday. Last night, it picked up again and was more intense. DP checked my cervix after reading online instructions. He estimated that I was 5cm dilated so I invited the MW over. Turns out I was 3cm. And baby is posterior. I haven't had a posterior baby before, so I'm trying to figure out what to do. The labor contractions went away by 4AM, and everyone went home. MW left me with homeopathic remedies and instructions to rest and keep my pelvis moving. A friend recommended spending time on my hands and knees. I relaxed in the birth pool today with my girls - it was filled and ready to go, so I decided to use it. It felt so nice to let my belly float. I have been so tired and achey.

I'm trying not to be anxious, but unfortunately almost everyone I know is waiting for news now. I've been getting a lot of phone calls even though they all know they're on a birth announcement call list.
Again, I remind myself that this means baby is loved and everyone is just ready to embrace our new family member.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
okay, so I got the EPO. Had a nice brisk walk but here I am at home, same as ever.

Those who are/have used EPO-- do you take it orally, use it as a vaginal suppository, or both? Its just been creeping me out a bit to think of suppositories. (my MW also suggested I COULD do garlic b/c I came back GBS+. But I just don't want to do it. She didn't actually say I OUGHT to, just that its an option.)

· Registered
1,539 Posts
No labor here either!!!

Went to the doc yesterday and FOUGHT with her on the refusal of the u/s and we WON!! She actually said "Ok then, I wont bring it up anymore" Heck yes!

She wanted to get an estimate of the weight (to "prevent shoulder dystocia") and I told her that the worst thing happened when I had a homebirth previously, the hb gave me the confidence to think that Im able to birth large babies. I told her that a 10 or 11lb-er doesnt scare me and it shouldnt scare her!!!

Im excited/jealous to hear about all these babies! Im 39wks on monday and going crazy. I actually told my mom to stop calling me, shes calling 3 times a day to see if Im in labor. She was NOT happy with me yesterday when I took some else on this boards advice and said "call me again and Ill put you on the BOTTOM of the list"

C'MON BABIES, GET OUT!!!!!

· Registered
1,165 Posts
wondering if i want to tempt fate and go to a meeting 1/2 hour away....if i go into labor i'd have to drive myself to the hospital....

should i put Murphy's law into motion? I'd love to go into labor, bt driving 30 minutes in labor doesn't sound appealing

And dh doesn't want to go with and do something else while i'm at the meeting

· Registered
254 Posts
Hey

I guess I won't stay pregnant forever either

We went for a movie tonight and, while coming home, we saw an accident. I told Bryan to pull over to see if we could help and to call 911. I wanted to go nad see if everything was ok and the moment I stepped out of the car my water broke

No contractions yet though, so... Well, we'll see tomorrow

I'll keep you posted !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.