Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hum dee dummmmm...

So now my pattern is contract a bunch during an hour before bed, have a few overnight and basically just fizzle out into nothing.

Tired! *yawn*

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
That pattern sounds familiar, Nancy.
I am continuing to behave as though labor didn't start and stop twice.
: Yesterday I had (step)MIL over for tea and cribbage. Today, I'm taking dd#1 to her dance class in the afternoon.

My MW called last night to let me know that another client who lives an hour in the opposite direction is "warming up" for labor.
If we go at the same time, MW will have to send someone else my way.
: We love my MW, and have even postponed our move to Maine just to have her for another birth.

MIL is scheduled to arrive from Maine at 6 tonight. I will make the most of it. I will put her to work as she has requested. She and stepMIL will get along. Everything will be fine. As long as MY mw can make it to our birth. I think I'll try and wait this other Mama out. No more pineapple & basil.

Sticky vibes, please!!! And labor vibes for the other Mama waiting for her little one ...
:

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Sticky vibes Benny Pai...

Is oolong tea out there? I wonder what she did about her water breaking. I guess it'd only be great if the water broke and then I immediately went into labor.

8 days away or not, I'm no where near having this baby. I slept great last night and I feel great today. Aren't you supposed to feel cruddy and crampy before labor officially starts? At least I have a mw appt and my 1st chiro appt to look forward to. Although, the mw will just tell me there's nothing going on, see you in a week....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Aren't you supposed to feel cruddy and crampy before labor officially starts?
I keep thinking the same thing espeically since this is how DD's birth went...but nope...feel mildly uncomfortable one day then fine the next. I'm thinking this girl just wants to be as different from her sister as possible and she'll just come out of nowwhere!

I had sooo much going on yesterday and it stuck all day till night, I though for sure it'd stick around this morning but nothing yet. Funny how I wish to feel crummy!!!

After DD music class I have accupuncture this morning...Pray for it to help things get going and for me to enjoy it and relax!!!

Sorry for the pattern Nancy!!!

Praying MW makes it for you BennyPai!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Hum dee dummmmm...

So now my pattern is contract a bunch during an hour before bed, have a few overnight and basically just fizzle out into nothing.

Tired! *yawn*
I have this same pattern for a few days now - it's so annoying

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Now that was a crappy night. I couldn't sleep, DD1 couldn't sleep, DD2 developed a runny nose which made her chronic cough that she has worse so she kept coughing. I slept a little from 2-6 but that was it. I've had a few contractions here and there but nothing else.

And yes, I've felt this crappy and crampy for weeks now.
My last two kids, I just woke up in labor one morning, no warning.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I feel like garbage after getting little sleep. I peed like a gazillion times and now I'm just moping around the house looking at a rainy day.

I think I would be seriously pissed if I couldn't use the midwife that I hired for the only part they're really needed. As it is, I have to take whatever doctor is on call, but I knew that going into this. And, frankly, I don't care now. But if it was a personal midwife... I would definitely not appreciate having to lose her to someone else.

I'm so glad that this is nearly over. I just can't wait to NEVER have to deal with any of this again. I'm not cut out for being dependent.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi all. I can't sleep at night either - up all night peeing and willing my uterus to contract. Due date was Sat. and here I am, sitting on the birth ball praying for some kind real ctx to start. About 10 days ago I lost some plug, but since then? Nada. No cramping, no mucous or blood, just the same old BH.
I was so sure I'd go early!

Stickies to you, BennyPai!
:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
bennypai - I'd be uspet. Is the other lady due before you or something? How does the midwife pick if two go into labor at the same time?

Nancy - the first time around, it wasn't nearly as hard as it is this time for me. But yes, I told dh last night I want my body back already

More bloody discharge and more diareah - keep wondering if it is actually my body trying to do something or just more reaction from the sweep yesterday. I'm just ready for it all to be aver with already.

I have about 5 different things people told me to try on facebook to get baby out - yea, tried everything, he's not budging!

My house is totally trashed. I really need to get working on cleaning it today and so don;t care about getting it clean. I keep working my butt off getting it clean, then baby boy doesn't show and i just let it go to be a complete mess...

I think I'll ignore that stupide contraction that is happening right now, because if i notice more and time them, it isn't going to really lead to labor anyways. grrrrr

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by herbanmama View Post
Hi all. I can't sleep at night either - up all night peeing and willing my uterus to contract. Due date was Sat. and here I am, sitting on the birth ball praying for some kind real ctx to start. About 10 days ago I lost some plug, but since then? Nada. No cramping, no mucous or blood, just the same old BH.
I was so sure I'd go early!
Literlly right here with you (we were due on the same day) I was so sure I'd go early as well. I think every night I shake my head at dh and say that I can't believe i'm still pregnant

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
That pattern sounds familiar, Nancy.
I am continuing to behave as though labor didn't start and stop twice.
: Yesterday I had (step)MIL over for tea and cribbage. Today, I'm taking dd#1 to her dance class in the afternoon.

My MW called last night to let me know that another client who lives an hour in the opposite direction is "warming up" for labor.
If we go at the same time, MW will have to send someone else my way.
: We love my MW, and have even postponed our move to Maine just to have her for another birth.

MIL is scheduled to arrive from Maine at 6 tonight. I will make the most of it. I will put her to work as she has requested. She and stepMIL will get along. Everything will be fine. As long as MY mw can make it to our birth. I think I'll try and wait this other Mama out. No more pineapple & basil.

Sticky vibes, please!!! And labor vibes for the other Mama waiting for her little one ...
:
That would be hard especially since you've put off moving just to have her again! My MW has three of us that she is waiting on now, one is a couple weeks over, I'm over especially when compared to my previous pgs, and the other one is a friend of mine who is a week behind me. Fortunately my friend and I don't care if the MW makes it or not, with both have loose arrangements with her, she is either around or not. For my last birth, I thought my MW wouldn't make it, we did have to call the backup one to come, but she got there just in time. Hopefully it will work out for you as well.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Cmon Nancy!! Were almost there, dont get mopey now!!
Positive baby-havin attitudes!!!!

Benny - that is odd how mws pick the births they attend. Did you do appts with the on call one too? MIL AND StepMIL?! You are amazing for having both over!!!!

xerxella - Im here too. No signs to speak of. Nothing.
:

Shine - what kind of music class does your dd take? an instrument?

Murph, Peony, herbammama -
These sleepless, peeing, achy pelvis nights are killing me too!!

Im TRYING to stay positive. THis heat is making me mean though, who the heck thought it would be 95 in April in Northern CA?! Jeez!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Guess what? I am still around and nothing is happening. I sort of want to go back to work, only we're on break this week.

My appointment yesterday went well. Hardly any weight gain, measuring on track, slightly elevated BP but it went down when we were there, and I had a minor fight with DH in the waiting room. My cervix continues to be closed but it has moved a little. I should have just skipped the exam. But at least I met the last doctor in the practice and she was cool. So now, I know I feel comfortable with all of the doctors and CNMs in the practice, and I would be happy to have 4 of them.

We ended up going to Acadia National Park yesterday. Fun trip and so nice. It's a three-hour ride from here and I thought that would finally tempt baby to start something. And for about an hour on the way back, it totally looked like it. I felt really crampy and had two or three contractions - or that what I imagine they were - that seemed to wrap around the lower part of my abdomen and they hurt. But as soon as we entered our county, everything stopped. I tried to revive them with some really spicy pineapple fried noodles. Nothing.

Turns out that my MIL starts to get worried about the trips we take. She's afraid we may be out of reach of a hospital when LO decides to get moving. It's partially this vision of Maine as a very rural state, but the real reason appears to be that DH made his way out in under two hours. My mom told me something similar about my exit (under 5 from beginning to end), so now I'm beginning to wonder if I am genetically predisposed to no prelabor at all or if they did not have prelabor back in the day.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I've been on and off contracting (real contractions - not BH!) for almost 4 weeks. I am SO over contracting. seriously my brain can't even fathom that a contraction will somehow start this into real labour. it just seems like I'm like "oh yep, another contraction. big whoop!". heh, I had one night of 13 hrs of contracting only for it so fizzle. and of course I have normal BH in between since about 14 weeks - those aren't too bothersome though. it's the "wow ths kinda hurts I need to stop and rest a minute" ones that get me bummed!

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
So, my boss is yelling at me. Screaming from the other room, which I have to say, is not very like her. Everyone stopped in their tracks. She came out and calmly said I shouldn't have sent that last e-mail and walked back in her office. It's a legal / law enforcement sort of job and the e-mail was cc'd to everyone in the dept (as is standard). No one else could see why the e-mail was a problem. It was a pretty standard response e-mail to another employee in legal in DC.

Whatever. I guess she's just having a bad day. She hasn't come back out of her office. I'm glad I'm out of here early today for the mw appt. She's starting to stress me out...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
yeah so-cal is pretty nasty right now too. Hot, hazy, dusty. Supposed to get better tomorrow. I have a horrid sore throat, not sure if I am sick, bothered by the dusty heat, or both.

I also have the weird laborey feelings at night, then nothing in the morning. DH has a job interview today and apparently my MW has another mom in labor, SO, I'm now voting for going into labor at, say, 4AM tomorrow and having the baby midday... well, unfortunately I don't get to decide these things!

went swimming at a friends' pool yesterday and it was heavenly- to be NOT hot, and to feel weightless...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Funny, I want to get this over with, but I really don't want to sleep in the hospital for two nights. I'm just not happy! AND, I had to turn down opening day for softball. THey don't know why yet (haha) but it hurts... I almost never missed a game in my 14-year tenure on the team. *more sobbing* I was a month off with timing. BLEH.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.