Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to gear our daily lives more in the direction of a waldorf mindset. is there a list somewhere of daily routines that i can start with? i understand i can adjust them to our needs, but jsut something to jump start us. it's too hot to be outside right now and i need some ideas for the children. i take care of 3 other kids including my own, so the ages are 1, 3, 4 and 5...we are homeschooling our 5 year old and are actually getting the oak meadow curriculum from my sister in law in october..
: but until then, i need some guidance...

tia!!!!

· Registered
5,157 Posts
one of the best things for us is singing songs throughout the day. a song for everything from brushing our teeth to making food to gardening to going to bed.
the seventh sun and sing a day are great reads for these htings

· Registered
876 Posts
ill post ours. I copied it from enki and adjusted it to our needs. I have to sway though most waldorf daily routines will have A LOT of outside time rain or shine:

·Wake up - Good morning earth blessing
·Make bed
·Choose clothes
·Change diaper and get dressed
·Free time - 15 min
·mommy showers and gets dressed - Tate brushes teeth
·Prepare and eat breakfast - food blessing
·Morning nap - about 2 hours
·Change diaper
·Prepare and eat snack
·Wash hands and dishes
·Daily focus activityt
·change diaper
·Inside morning circle time
·Eat Lunch - food blessing
·Second nap - 1-2 hours
·Inside free play
·Afternoon circle time
·Outside play/activity
·Snack - prep eat clean up
·Pick out pj's get bath ready
·Bath time
·Dinner
·Evening family quiet time/ reading - puzzles - handwork
·Before bed snack
·Bed Time

We do a daily focus on the weekdays usually entails one activity though haha

Monday - Baking or cooking
Tuesday - Gardening
Wednesday - painting and art
Thursday - Animal care
Friday - Music

· Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yukookoo...that's exactly what i'm looking for. thank you!! right now we've been having 105 degree days, so that's why outside time isn't as much as usual. mornings are about it until the weather decides to calm down. so we'll do our outside activities then.

nicole, thanks love! i knew you'd find me here...

· Registered
170 Posts
hey there...ours is kind of loosely this:-

-wake up
-get dressed
-morning blessing and breakfast
-Housework/gardening and free play till lunch
-Lunch
-circle time
-dd naps, ds does handwork with me, or free play
-dd wakes, scheduled activity
-play with daddy
-evening blessing and dinner
-bath
-stories
-bed

monday-playgroup
tuesday-painting
wednesday- playgroup
thursday-colouring
friday-Baking
saturday-modelling, beeswax, playdough etc
sunday- craft

I would LOVE to hear some more routines...great thread
:
sunday-

· Registered
718 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cat2116 View Post
hey there...ours is kind of loosely this:-

-wake up
-get dressed
-morning blessing and breakfast
-Housework/gardening and free play till lunch
-Lunch
-circle time
-dd naps, ds does handwork with me, or free play
-dd wakes, scheduled activity
-play with daddy
-evening blessing and dinner
-bath
-stories
-bed

monday-playgroup
tuesday-painting
wednesday- playgroup
thursday-colouring
friday-Baking
saturday-modelling, beeswax, playdough etc
sunday- craft

I would LOVE to hear some more routines...great thread
:
sunday-
Cat what do you do for circle time? I haven't heard of it connected to Waldorf. I've only heard of it from a school setting b/c i used to be a primary school teacher and we did circle time where the kids would do show and tell with objects they'd bought in from home or we would talk about each childs favourite thing that had happened that day. Could you or anyone else give examples of what they do for circle time? Thanks!

· Registered
170 Posts
Quote:
Cat what do you do for circle time? I haven't heard of it connected to Waldorf. I've only heard of it from a school setting b/c i used to be a primary school teacher and we did circle time where the kids would do show and tell with objects they'd bought in from home or we would talk about each childs favourite thing that had happened that day. Could you or anyone else give examples of what they do for circle time? Thanks!
Hi, well we normally light a candle and sing a welcome song...then we read a book/or tell a story, I normally act it out with puppets/figures. Sometimes we talk about the season or any upcoming festivals. The story is normally seasonal as well. Then we sing a few songs and thats it, quite simple really. It only lasts about 10 mins.

ohhh...I forgot to add in my daily routine we normally do some movement/games dance every day...this is not really a waldorf thing (although they do practice eurythmy), but just something I enjoy to teach my children (I studied dance and drama at uni).

And heres another book link for you...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parent-Child...8560080&sr=1-1

with some really good ideas for circle time...(honestly I LOVE this book)

· Registered
876 Posts
there are some great circle times and other resources on the waldorf home educators website.

Am I allowed to post a link here to that?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waldorfhomeeducators/

That's where I get my circle times from. THey go with the seasons. We have some sort of story or book, and lots of singing and fingerplay type stuff also stuff with silks. Since dd is only 1 ours is very short.

· Registered
559 Posts
My kids love circle time. We find stories from books and sing songs and just talk. I am waiting for Sept to start getting the guide from Little Acorn to help with things for now here is our daily routine

Wake up
watch 1 show( my kids get up with my husband while I sleep a bit longer so their treat with dad is to watch one show until mama gets up)
breakfast-clean up
get dressed
free play
snack-clean up
circle time
out of house activity (I take them to the gym's childcare so I can do yoga 3 days a week and other days we just play outside or go to a friends)
lunch=clean up
rest/meditation
outside play or craft depending on weather
dinner
walk

I can't wait to start my guided days in sept...it makes my life so much easier to have someone else plan my crafts adn other activities!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.