Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you have on your calendar for this week?
Have you tried to make lots of plans or are you just waiting?

· Registered
1,779 Posts
I'm a menace to society if I try to go anywhere, so I've made no plans.

Last time I went out I scolded a frail old man for staring at me. I really made an ass out of myself. So... I've resigned myself to staying at home until this baby is born.

My plans include finding ways to avoid making dinner and watching the olympics with DH.

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
I'm a menace to society if I try to go anywhere, so I've made no plans.

Last time I went out I scolded a frail old man for staring at me. I really made an ass out of myself. So... I've resigned myself to staying at home until this baby is born.

My plans include finding ways to avoid making dinner and watching the olympics with DH.
What did you say to the old man?

A lady at the pool last week asked me" Wow, when are you due?"
My reply was "Really, you had to say wow first? That's not helping anyone"
: I used a nice tone but got my point across. I went on to tell her when I was due but hope she remembers it next time she sees some poor really preggie woman.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryansma View Post
What did you say to the old man?
OK, well firstly this old man is someone I know pretty well. He's the most annoying old man you can imagine but everyone has to be nice to him because he hangs out with my MIL. She lets him practically live with her because he I guess does stuff around the house or something.

Anyway, we took MIL out for dinner for her birthday and she brought the creepy, annoying old man with her. The whole time after he ate he stared at me with his mouth gaping open, scratching himself. This went on for about 5 minutes before I lost it and practically yelled, "Bob, You're staring at me."

He's just such a total space cadet and he has absolutely no manners. I've always been genuinely unable to tolerate him, but that was the first time I ever lost my patience. I was really embarrassed.

My MIL made a huge deal about it. She kept saying things like, "I went 15 days past my due date and I never lost my patience like that!" She pretty much made me feel like the worst person in the world so I spent the rest of the evening crying in the diner's bathroom.

It was a real tragedy, I tell you.

eta: I apologized to him later. He made a very rude comment about my "condition," and that was about it.
:

· Registered
730 Posts
I assume I will have this baby this week because I have several really important meetings scheduled. ;-)

This afternoon, my parents arrive from Michigan and this evening I have to lead a work group to try to decide what type of business our roller derby league should be. Then, Wednesday morning I have to meet for the first time with my attorney who is driving down from Dayton because I was in a car wreck two years ago and the guy *just* now decided that he is injured and suing!

Then Thursday evening is the parents' meeting at my DD's preK.

Sunday is our next rollerderby bout.

· Registered
3,236 Posts
This week is really bad for me to have the baby, so I'm sure that means it will happen.

My mom, who is supposed to watch our son when I'm in the hospital, cannot take off work this week...her boss decided to take off the week of my due date and they can't be off at the same time.
:

My photographer's kids go back to school today...so if I have the baby during pickup/dropoff time there is a good chance she won't be able to be there.

After my false alarm this weekend I don't even want to feel contractions any more, I just want to make it to my appointment on wednesday. Isn't that sad?

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

OK, well firstly this old man is someone I know pretty well. He's the most annoying old man you can imagine but everyone has to be nice to him because he hangs out with my MIL. She lets him practically live with her because he I guess does stuff around the house or something.

Anyway, we took MIL out for dinner for her birthday and she brought the creepy, annoying old man with her. The whole time after he ate he stared at me with his mouth gaping open, scratching himself. This went on for about 5 minutes before I lost it and practically yelled, "Bob, You're staring at me."

He's just such a total space cadet and he has absolutely no manners. I've always been genuinely unable to tolerate him, but that was the first time I ever lost my patience. I was really embarrassed.

My MIL made a huge deal about it. She kept saying things like, "I went 15 days past my due date and I never lost my patience like that!" She pretty much made me feel like the worst person in the world so I spent the rest of the evening crying in the diner's bathroom.

It was a real tragedy, I tell you.

eta: I apologized to him later. He made a very rude comment about my "condition," and that was about it.
:
Awww
and
for apologizing. He probably wouldn't have gotten that from me. Hang in there!

· Registered
1,102 Posts
So after feeling crampy ALL night (and the past few days) I woke up feeling WONDERFUL! sjeesh.... the one time in my life I don't want to feel good!
I've felt great the whole day too! Lots of energy, lots of life... no cramps no cntxs...

I was out with some friends tonight while dh stayed home with dd (
). One of the guys is a dr. My friend asked him when he thought I was due based on my size... he said " Oh, you've got about 2 months to go I'd say"
he could not believe I had passed my edd!

Anyone else feeling small???? Yes, I am looking for comfort

Quote:

Random Olympic humor for your enjoyment:

"In soviet Russia, horse pommels you!"
lol, what???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.