Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking that today/tomorrow might be my day! I have had *major* cramps for a few hours and semi painful regular contractions. Still 10-15 mins apart but definitely more real than any I've had so far.

Oh, and I predicted he would be born today --- though in the wee hours of the morning - but same date nonetheless.

Or, it could be the taco bell I ate last night.

I just wish I could get back to sleep so I could take advantage of DD sleeping in.

· Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my shower slowed things down a bit. The cramps have definitely dulled, and cntx stopped for about an hour. And now they are back, though not as strong.

Tummy is a little upset. We are getting ready to walk to breakfast, then the farmer's market and a new book shop. Maybe that will be productive.

My parents are coming to town from Michigan in the morning. They may have timed this perfectly!

edited to add: We ran into my OB at breakfast! How funny is that?!

· Registered
693 Posts
I'm miserable at 40 w 5 d. I was having lots of great things yesterday; cramping, steady contractions, etc.. I had a little break down around 8 pm. Went for a nice walk with a friend that night. I went to sleep and kept waking up in pain (hip pain, back pain, cervix pain, contractions) but nothing fully materialized.
I was unable to get back to sleep at 3:30 am. I walked around my home a bit; my mind started doing worst-case scenario about why baby hasn't come (something's wrong); I poured out some caster oil and lost it, sobbing uncontrollably for a good long while. I didn't take the oil. Around 5 am, I took some Calms Forte and watched Phelps set another record, then fell asleep.

Good news is my son's two year molars seem to be done with the worst. He slept fabulously last night and joined us in bed for an hour long snuggle at 6:30 am.

If I think or talk about my pregnancy or the baby to much, I start to cry hard. My acupuncturist is coming over a little after 11 to help me. G*d bless him.

· Registered
136 Posts
I've crossed into the 40+ zone (actually, I crossed into it yesterday). 40w 2d, no signs that anything is happening.

I'm feeling increasingly crabby and seem determined to put every thing edible that crosses my path into my mouth. I'm amazed that there's actually any space left in my stomach.

- nk

· Registered
1,102 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by apelilae View Post
I'm miserable at 40 w 5 d. .....
If I think or talk about my pregnancy or the baby to much, I start to cry hard. My acupuncturist is coming over a little after 11 to help me. G*d bless him.

It's going to be ok!! I'm a day behind you, we're going to have our babies out soon!!!

· Registered
684 Posts
good morning ladies

yesterday did nothing for the baby comming out i ate spicy food jumped on these huge bouce houses and layed out under the moon and nothing

today just going to chill out and relax with family hheheheh

· Registered
1,102 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by becomingme View Post
I've crossed into the 40+ zone .....

and seem determined to put every thing edible that crosses my path into my mouth. I'm amazed that there's actually any space left in my stomach.

- nk
Yeah, what's with this eating frenzy? Like a week ago I had no appetite, now I can't stop eating, but where is the food going! I have no idea where my stomach is located

dtd last night (like any of you need/want to know
) and have been crampy ever since with lower back pains. Nursed dd for 1hr this morning, that was good nipple stim! My uterus was freaking out

going to the chiro tomorrow just in case. hope he can fit me in!

· Registered
2,707 Posts
's for all of us 40w+...Today I am 40w 11d, we went walking last night and had some good contractions...came home had really painful cramping. Took a bath 'cause I wasn't feeling good at all, thought I was gonna lose it. Which thankfully I didn't. Hopefully my body was just warming up...

Last night was crazy, besides the full moon we had an incredible thunder and lighning storm...It was right over our house. What's sleep???

· Registered
2,707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Yeah, what's with this eating frenzy? Like a week ago I had no appetite, now I can't stop eating, but where is the food going! I have no idea where my stomach is located

dtd last night (like any of you need/want to know
) and have been crampy ever since with lower back pains. Nursed dd for 1hr this morning, that was good nipple stim! My uterus was freaking out

going to the chiro tomorrow just in case. hope he can fit me in!
What is up with the eating??? Suddenly I've developed a sweet tooth!

and hey whatever works right?!?
Hopefully labor will start soon for you!

· Registered
85 Posts
Yup, 40 weeks 2 days here too. I was really hoping for yesterday with the full moon and even had timeable contractions, but I went to sleep around 2am and it all went away! BOO!

Just went to the flea market and walked a lot, we'll see what happens.

· Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, I thought I was going to otherside last night around midnight. I took a really long bath and by the time I got out I was all crampy and uncomfortable. My husband looked at me an said "OH no, lets go to bed. It's too late." So we did and I got a good night's sleep, once I fell asleep. This morning, nothing.

Oh, I didn't go hiking or do an enema yesterday. I have decided that I will put off my court date if this baby isn't here tomorrow, and my son's Dad can take him to his first day of school by himself if necessary and my husband isn't having a birthday party. My doula leaves on the 19th, that's fine. This baby is more important than all of it. It can come when it wants to, I've let go of my pressure to have it last week.

Anyhow, good luck everyone!

· Registered
256 Posts
I decided to go for a walk yesterday under the full moon and BOY that was a big mistake!! I feel like I got hit by an 18 wheeler, my cervix hurts SO bad that I feel like I just gave birth :< So now I am scared to go into labor today.

Today was ALSO my prediction date, but I am really hoping for tomorrow. Mom's off, DP is off and hey it'll be 8-18-08

Was eating dinner last night and was feeling very crampy and having contractions for 1 minute every 5 minutes exactly so that's when I decided on the walk, which did nothing, ugh!

I swear I think I stretched my cervix to a good 5cm by walking. I felt his head just BEARING down there.

I keep getting these random hot flashes and sickness, any body else experiencing this?

Oh and about the eating, one week I wanted NOTHING, next week I was a complete piggy. This week - totally don't feel like eating again. I understand. So odd!! I don't want to gain anymore

Vibes to those of us without our babies still :/ :vibes

· Registered
767 Posts
I'm miserable at 40 w 5 d. I was having lots of great things yesterday; cramping, steady contractions, etc.. I had a little break down around 8 pm. Went for a nice walk with a friend that night. I went to sleep and kept waking up in pain (hip pain, back pain, cervix pain, contractions) but nothing fully materialized.
I was unable to get back to sleep at 3:30 am. I walked around my home a bit; my mind started doing worst-case scenario about why baby hasn't come (something's wrong); I poured out some caster oil and lost it, sobbing uncontrollably for a good long while. I didn't take the oil. Around 5 am, I took some Calms Forte and watched Phelps set another record, then fell asleep.

Oh honey, I am right there with you 40 +5 days. Last night the contractions were coming like 7 minutes apart. So, we decided to try to help things along....well here I am still pregnant.

My husband was getting nervous the other day too about the baby and if it's all right. I am going to call my mw on MOnday to get things really started!!!

Maybe today i will go to the mall and walk around out of the heat, near refrehments and window shopping. ha!

· Registered
1,102 Posts
Speaking of walking, we walked down to the fjord today it's maybe a mile mile and a half walk, so I got two+ in today. We took some family photos, hope to get them up soon.

Gee my lower back aches... My SIL will be staying with us from thursday to Monday... I don't know how I feel about that. Usually I'm super ok with family around. But she's not married nor has kids and is freaked out about birth (we've talked about it more than a few times). Not a good mix with a home birth... I don't want her going around here while/if I have contractions making grimaces or commenting on the discomfort I may be experiencing. that would just be annoying.

I can't believe none of my family will be here to birth with us... Just dh's this time around *sniffs*

· Registered
1,779 Posts
40+3 here, so I guess I'm in pretty good shape...

but I feel absolutely miserable!

My whole belly just aches, and I feel like the baby doesn't fit anymore. Plus she keeps engaging and disengaging, which is confusing and uncomfortable.

I don't feel like walking (I don't really like those stabby crotch pains anyway), I don't want to go out anywhere.

I still just want to find a nice cool, dark hole in the ground and wait there until I give birth. I'm having a burrowing instinct instead of nesting, I guess.

· Registered
918 Posts
41 w 2 d here....

When I was 38 weeks I hed this feeling that baby would come 'any day', and now I feel like baby is never coming. The last couple of days he or she has slowed down movement. I don't know if it's a space thing, a pre-labour thing or if it means that something is wrong. Just as I start to get worried, and think about calling the MW, baby does some great moving... so I don't know...

I get the usual BH ctx, anf now I am getting more menstrual-like cramps (which I never had with either child before), but nothing else.

I am living my life on a day by day basis. In some ways the lack of plans is kind of nice, in other ways, I kind of feel like I haven't had much of a summer being in such limbo.

I am trying to stay positive and think about enjoying this time as it might be my last pregnancy and that makes me a bit sad.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.