Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 2 weeks ago DD (14 months, no longer nursing) broke out in a rash on her stomach that spread to her back. we gave her some benadryl and within a few hours the rash had gone. DH had let her have a piece of chocolate an caramel candy and we thought maybe she had an allergic reaction to that beings that she had never had chocolate up to this point.<br><br>
about a week later i noticed her face, behind her ears and the back of her neck was breaking out with the same sort of rash. she hadn't had any chocolate this time but i did write down what she had eaten that day:<br>
whole milk<br>
organic free range eggs<br>
wheat toast with organic raspberry jam<br>
annies cheddar bunnies<br>
some roast beef<br>
organic yogurt raisens<br>
mango trail mix bar<br><br>
the rash cleared from her neck and ears but seemed to be lingering a bit on her face.<br><br>
tonight the rash is back on her stomach, back anf face. DH had let her have some of the yogurt raisens again while i was gone. i had taken the milk trail mix bar and yogurt raisens out of her diet for the last 4 days until DH gave her the YR this afternoon.<br><br>
Could this be a sudden dairy allergy? maybe the reason the face rash was lingering is because she's had other items through out the week that have had dairy as an ingredient? the rash doesn't bother her so i don't think it's itchy???<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I would take the dairy out of her diet for at least 2 weeks and see if the rash comes back. If the rash doesn't come back, I think it would be safe to assume she at least has a dairy sensitivity, if not a true allergy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts