Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I am eliminating dairy from my and dd#1's diet. She has had chronic ear infections since birth and she did tst allergic to dairy, soy, eggs, and berries (rice milk too of all things!) at 3mo. Now she is 2 and has yet another ear infection. My little one (4mo) has one too...so the ped said to cut out dairy and go from there before eliminating all these foods from our diets again. I am clueless as how to do this with little money. We are broke and on WIC...thoughts? recipes? tia!

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
If you are still nursing her 4 or more times a day then she's fine with no dairy, no sub needed. You are an adult, so you definitely don't need dairy in your diet. Eat more beans for protein. Greens have calcium and you can take a calcium supplement. I take Cal-Mag Citrate.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wendy-
Thanks! I nurse her 3-4 times daily but she is in day care twice a week and they are "required" to give her milk at snack/mealtimes. I had been letting them give her milk until now since I wasn't oo sure it was an allergy. I am toying with the idea of pumping more milk and giving that to her there but am not sure if i need a doctor's note for that or not. Hmmm...and I have a calcium magnesuim supplement that I uysed to stop contractions during pregnancy - it is simply one form the grocxery store? Is that OK or do I need to take the one you are speaking of?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.