Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure. My friend (in New York) is doing a huge picnic. What do you think of that? Like a pot-luck picnic nurse-out kind of thing? I think that would be fun to get all the nursing mommies together for that. Let the kids run around and stuff.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am up for something. I can't do the 6th, but any other day should be fine. I'm also busy until 10ish am on the 5th.

If we do an outdoor picnic, may I suggest reserving a park with an awning or something? That way the moms with little bitty ones can have a place out of the sun (due to the no sunscreen thing)?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the 5th would be best since more people would be free (I hope!).

What parks are good? There's Lindsley park that has a covered eating area. Tietzie (sp?) park as well, with a swimming pool if anyone wants to swim. I'm not sure about other parks. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would so love to join you, but we are going to be out of town for the 5th and 6th.

If you wanted to do a park/pool the Cottonwood Park in Richardson is nice. It's near Coit and Beltline behind the Whole Foods.

There's a great park on Williamson Road near White Rock Lake. It has playground, trees, creek, tables and benches, and a large lawn area. It's not really a high profile location if that's what your looking for.

For higher profile you could do the playarea at the Galleria Mall.
Or maybe Thanksgiving Square in downtown. Then there's Lee Park in the Oak Lawn area, it's nice but not much for the kids other than a big lawn area.

Just some ideas, I really wish I could join you. If anyone wants to do something during the week let me know.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i would love to come Emy! unfortunatly, we may have company AGAIN that weekend!!! I would probably be more likely to be able to do something during the week. I am willing to drive somewhere, but Richardson is a bit far. I really need to be getting together with some people!!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by maylanna
i would love to come Emy! unfortunatly, we may have company AGAIN that weekend!!! I would probably be more likely to be able to do something during the week. I am willing to drive somewhere, but Richardson is a bit far. I really need to be getting together with some people!!

Maybe we could either do something during the week (if that works for everyone) or do two events? What do you guys think of that?

·
Registered
276 Posts
We'd be up for during the week too! We have something going on Sat. morning. I'll think about parks...Fritz park in Irving is nice and shady and has lots of room and is right next to the petting farm, which is neat to visit.
http://www.ci.irving.tx.us/parks_and...ettingfarm.asp

I'll think of others. There is supposed to be one of those interactive fountains that the kiddos can play in in Addison. Anyone been there? Don't know if there is shade or anything. We haven't been. A sprayground would be fun! DS1 isn't too crazy about pools, but loves to play in the water on the sprayground.

I'll keep thinking of ideas.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ooh that sounds fun! I'd have to work things out wiht someone (I'm carless so I usually take the bus everywhere). But Ezra loooves the water, I know he'd be up for it!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, ladies, we need to start spreading the word.
Let all your nursing mommy friends know, and all your nursing mommy supporter friends know as well.

And what do we want to do during the week?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Okay, finding a central location may be impossible but we might be able to compromise by meeting in North Dallas at the Galleria play area or something. (We could really scandalize people and go to Northpark!
) I hear that there is a sprayground at Campbell Green Park on Hillcrest...never been there or seen it personally though. Anyone else have info on it? Then there is the interactive fountain at Addison Circle Park. Again, I haven't been personally but it looks pretty cool! http://www.postaddisoncircle.com/PostAddison.html

Just a few suggestions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is second hand info but it sounds good to me. "Lake Highlands North Recreation Center, located at 9401 White Rock Trail (at Church and White Rock Tr, across the street from Lake Highlands High School) is open from 8am to 8pm everyday through October and it is FREE!!" It's supposed to have shade too.

The Addison Circle is fun but slippery. As long as the kids have water shoes I'm not so worried. It does have a deeper area, 30" maybe, so if your littleones will want to be there you'll want your swimsuit also. My biggest problem with the Circle is that there isn't any shade.

I'd LOVE to meet at Northpark
but there just isn't much there for the kids to play at. The Galleria would be fine with me, my girls really like playing there.

Is Wed good for everyone? It's best for me but I can do other days as well.

Anyone else with nursing toddlers or youngsters, my girls are 3 and 4??

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wednesday is good for me. I love all those suggestions. DS is 7 months so he's pretty happy with anything as long as he's got boobie nearby...like most boys

What's this North Park flame/evil thing? Did they do something that I forgot about or just totally missed?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nah, I was just being catty.
: I don't fit the N'park *look* without my nursling attached to my body in a wrap. So I can't imagine the looks I'd get wearing him and *gasp* nursing him, right there amidst the sea of Coach, Burberry, and Neiman Marcus fashions.
: Of course I might be able to start a new fashion trend with my eye catching Maya.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Well, I would absolutely LOVE to come but here are my reasons why I am not

1- I will out of town that weekend as well

2- I no longer nurse either my 5 or nearly 4 yo

3- I actually nanny for a 4mo and give him evil/gag me formula, and that would not be a good thing to be seen at a nurse in!

But count me in in spirit!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts