Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the pill for 5 yrs then had 2 plus year of IF before having my 2 kids. For the past 2 years i hav been desperately trying to heal my PMS naturally. I had two recent miscarriages which I think really threw my hormones for a loop again. Here's the big issue- I am an actor and I am cast in a show that begins rehearsal in May- performs the whole month of June. We want to try to get pg again as soon as the show is over. I have only had one cycle since December really with 2 m/c in a row. last month my pms was horrible- Rage, Acne, bloating. I think I am o'ing right now and already- I am breaking out and getting angry!
I am seriously debating getting on the pill for 2 months just so I have clear skin and I am mentally able to deal with rehearsals and kids for a few months. I know it sounds vain but I am almost 35 years old and I have to look pretty for this show- I am so paranoid about acne. Especially when I have pimples on my neck and back- It is humilating enough in normal life- but on stage!!!!

I know artificial bc has all kind of hormonal implications- It's probably what screwed up my hormones to begin with! But I also know it will immediately clear my skin.

I have alot of experience using herbs and I am wondering if 2 months on the pill could easily be reversed with my herbs (Vitex, False UNicorn) so I could get pg again.

I really hate this and I wish I could fix my freaking hormones! When I am pg and nursing fulltime- I have great skin, mood and all is well.
Am I being a freak about this? Is the Pill really that horrible for a couple months? Sometimes I think ignorance really would be bliss.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
I'd say, if you decide to take the HBC, make sure to take extra zinc and B6, maybe a couple other things. HBC depletes zinc (ask me how I know
) and B6 and zinc work together. Google for studies (I can't remember if it's more than zinc and B6, or what dosages would be needed to counteract the effect), it's not new information, it's been around for decades, it's just not very publicized. And so many of us have so many different reasons we could be low in zinc, and copper, zinc's antagonist is in so many common foods, I think really supplementing to at least keep steady (and overall consider your zinc status, as a separate issue) would be prudent.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The pill really did a number on me -- especially when I stopped taking it. I had horrible acne and super long cycles. I can still see some scars from the acne I got around my mouth.

I went to a naturopath and it really helped balance my hormones. It took a month or two, but it was really effective. Acupuncture in addition to the naturopathic work made a big, big difference. That's when I really started to notice a change in my acne.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you!

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
I haven't researched it enough to really be sure, but I've known more than a couple of women who had significant trouble getting pregnant after being on it.

IF you went on it for a couple of months and then could not get pregnant after- how would you deal with that?

-Angela

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.