Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason people are not understanding why that fact might make me cry.
"Well you are old..."
"What's wrong with having a c-section?"
"At leasrt you'll know when the baby is coming."

Could some one just say, "I understand" and give me some ideas to get Miss Lili to turn? I really, really wanted a natural childbirth for my last baby

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't lose hope. There is still lots of time for your baby to turn.

My last baby was breech until 36 weeks. There are lots of things you can try. I laid upside down on an ironing board twice a day, talked to the baby about how I would feel better if she was head up, and watched my posture.

Check these sites:
http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/breech.html (lots of links to follow)
http://www.spinningbabies.com/index....id=14&Itemid=2

I know how you feel. I was so scared that the baby would stay breech and I couldn't have a homebirth. There was only 1 doctor in LA that would consider a breech vaginal delivery and he was ill. I spent a lot of time worrying. The strange thing is that the baby turned the night after my friend's sister did some reike (from afar) with the baby. I didn't even feel he baby turn, but my 3 year old told me..."mama, sasha's head is up".

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I had a cephalic version done at 37 weeks with my first pregnancy. Basically two doctors used their hands to turn the baby heads down by pressing on my belly. A nurse monitored the progress with ultrasound. It was quick and, well, not painless - but it hurt a lot less than the c-section I later ended up with for other reasons.... I tired all the chiropractic, moxibustion, etc. Anyhow, a version may be worth discussing with your MW when if you get to 37+ weeks. (I guess they try to do them at that point since the baby is still small enough to turn relatively easily + not too young to deliver in the very very very very very rare chance that the version causes you to go into labor.)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
How many weeks along are you?

I am 35 weeks and my midwife is only just now concerned with positioning. If you're not due until October, you probably have plenty of time for the baby to turn. It is also quite likely that the baby is still flipping around a lot and is breech on day and vertex the next and head down the next.

Learn about your posture for positioning (no reclining) and try to be calm.

Personally, I wouldn't allow a c-section for a breech birth. I would consent to doing it in the hospital b/c my midwife won't deliver one (unless it's a surprise), but I would not consent to a c-section for such a trivial reason.

·
Registered
586 Posts
a lot of babies turn the day of delivery. so even if she isn't turned by 36 chances are she still can. if you have enough amniotic fluid the day of delivery they sometimes try to physically move the baby into position.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Try not to worry mama! My last baby was breech up until 9 hours before she was born. She flipped at the last minute. I was prepared to birth her breech though, at home unassisted.....and I felt very strongly that she knew best how she should be.

She was born head down, with a tight nuchal cord & a true knot in her cord as well. I believe she stayed breech as long as she needed to be. I am glad I did nothing to manipulate her before she was ready.

·
Registered
975 Posts
oh

try not to worry
babies turn during labour often. dont scedule a section, give the girl time to get where she needs to be. I would recommend considrering UC if you're very determined to have the baby naturally. I cant believe someone told you "you're old"? what ignorance.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~gilli~
I am seeing a midwife, and noone in this area will deliver a breech baby.
You're delivering at S.B. aren't you? There's a CPM not too far north of there who will deliver a breech baby. PM me if you want her info.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakotamidnight
I'm 36.5 weeks, and this little one is still flipping back and forth.

thankfully she flipped to head down again today - any ideas for how to make her stay that way? it hurts when she flips

when i found out my baby was head down, i did a lot of squatting and took a couple of long walks that day. i figure if he is low, it will be harder for him to flip. just a guess.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My gal friend had a similar experience with her 3rd child. She had the doctors turn the baby and her doctor recomended that she wear this girtle thing so that the baby wouldn't turn back. It worked! she had a 3 hour labor and the baby popped out.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much. My daughter was footling breech until 36 weeks. We were all set to do a "version" at the hospital; I'd signed the emergency c-section consent and everything. We put the ultrasound on me and she was head-down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.