Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:
:

What's your favorite music to dance to with your babe? Mine is Sjofn by Gjalllarhorn. I feel like a Goddess dancing with my baby Goddess.

I also just discovered by fluke that eminem is great for bouncing...

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Dd seems to like musicals (just fine by me) However, she does NOT like it when I put any thing by Blessid Union of Souls on. She just starts crying. She also seems to really like Meatloaf and Guns N Roses (she is her fathers child, no doubt, lol)

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
All sorts of music.....I wear him while I instruct dance at our dance academy!

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
We've been dancing to Amos Lee lately, and ds loves hearing me sing songs from a friend's former bands CD. Amos Lee's disc is great relaxing music to slowly dance to before nap or bedtime. He's just got an amazing voice. I do like all sorts of music, so ds is getting a great range of tastes.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
He likes dancing to about anything, but he really likes it when I sing, particularly 80s music. His favorite is "The Promise."

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
ds's loves Bob Marley and most reggae. "our song" is Bob Marley's "Is this love" we dance around the house to it every morning.

He also seems to like ballroom dancing so we do that too

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
DD likes anything with a good beat. The other day she started dancing to the rhythm of dh mashing potatoes. She especially likes outkast. The other day we danced to the Soft Boys, she loved that, so did I. I suppose I'll have to avoid playing that one as her language comprehension develops . . . .

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Makena LOVES The Dead...LOVES them. He's not the best in the car and I always keep a dead CD in my car for that exact reason, it chill him out. His fave is Ramble on Rose, which MAY be b/c his girlfriend's name has somethin to do with it...but probably not
He likes the "Not For Kids Only' CD too.
He loves reggae, esp Bob Marley and this funky mix someone made me.
I made him this kinda random mix that he loves.
He LOVES Kenny Loggin's song "Even though we ain't go money"!
He likes hip hop kind of...but probably b/c I don't always have a CD of that in my car.
He's been to a bunch of SCI shows too, so he really likes them.
I play him classical music too, which he likes.
I've been doin belly dancing lately and have really been gettin into Middle Eastern music, so he likes that.
He's VERY into music. He's always goin after his papa's instruments and yesterday, his papa took him to school for an hour and he got to play the piano and drums. It made his day!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Got another Reggae babe here!

she LOVES Bob Marley, Nasio and Dezaire (female reggae artist) it's the only music that will calm her down if she is fussy!

DD was also born to Bob Marley's " Could you be loved"

A reggae boppin' we do daily!
:

·
Registered
299 Posts
DS loves any type of music - but his favorite is Mozart! I put Rondo alla Turca on any time he is unhappy in the car and he IMMEDIATELY stops crying. So funny - DD loved that song when she was a babe too.

I started dancing with DD to Dave Matthews when she was a tiny babe, and now at 3 he is still her favorite musician. She knows a Dave song in the first few notes even if she has never even heard the song before. We were in the car some months ago when we heard 'American Baby' for the first time. Before he even started singing, she asked "Is this new Dave?!". I think the love of music is one of the best gifts you can give to your children.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Well, when I dance around with my baby, I usually sing my own songs
: but he definately perks up to different music- like he really likes the Rolling Stones and dh swears the child loved AC/DC- aaahhhh NO!!!!! We were just talking today about experimenting with different music.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Both DP and I are known for making up our own wacky songs, and ds loves them. He loves when I set him down and look at him, singing soft melodic tunes. He just grins so big!! (I think this is just his flirty nature) But he also loves reggae (hawaiian mostly). WHen he naps, I have classical/relaxation music playing in the background. He totally zones out to the digeridoo. ALso will stare at daddy with little movement while he plays guitar. This is definitely going to be a musical child.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.