Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my second pregnancy I took Dandelion root to get rid of an all-over-body-itch. Specially my arms and legs were itchy and taking Dandelion root helped tremendously.<br><br>
However, my second child turned out to be a very colicky baby. She cried for twelve hours a day for the first three months, driving us utterly mad.<br><br>
Being pregnant with #3 now, the itch is starting again. I am taking Dandelion root when it gets really bad but I am a bit nervous about it. It helps me, but will it cause another colicky baby?<br><br>
Any mothers out there that took Dandelion root during pregnancy and were blessed with a perfectly happy, content baby?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I wonder about this too. Someone else told me that dandelion root really helped her morning sickness. I've never really looked into it for pregnancy. How could the same thing that helps with itch help with morning sickness? Hmm! Anyone know?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hmm...I've heard of DR being used as a treatment for colic, but I've never heard of it being the cause of it. I'll be watching this...

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
I've never heard that. I just started taking DR for my all over body rash, too. Fortunately, it was already on the decline and is now mostly gone. I don't plan to take the DR unless it flares again.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
My mom lived on DR when she was pregnant with me and I was a happy baby that never cried. I would say DR does not cause colic.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Interesting! I took dandelion root during my first pregnancy for the water retention, and DD was definitely a screamy baby. Not colicky, mind you - it didn't start until about 6 weeks, and lasted until 14 months (no joke!) I'll ask my mw about this! I haven't started taking DR yet, but if there is ANY chance it might cause more screamy babies, then I'm keeping it FAR away from me!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only one other screaming baby is enough for me: i will try to go without DR this time. It is supposed to help flush the liver, the itch might be liver-related and the morning sickness is also supposed to have something to do with the liver.<br><br>
But, er, any tips on surviving the itch and rash in another way?....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts