Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the ER last night with severe right flank pain. I've had kidney stones before, but only once this pregnancy. At 12 wks I was told I had 3 in one kidney and one in the left. Now, at 24.5 wks, I was sono'd and I have at least 5 (+ more smaller ones) in each kidney, including a large (7 mm) stone in the left kidney. This sucks. I'm on heavy painkillers, but still vomiting. I think I'm going to have to go back in to to hospital if the puking doesn't stop. Ugh.

·
Registered
748 Posts
OOOOOOO, I've heard that passing those things feels like having a heart attack! Are they worried about you passing one before you give birth? Could that cause ptl? Not trying to scare you, I'm just concerned.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm home! Came home last night. Still haven't passed the stone that's in the ureter, but at least it is much lower. Had a great experience at the hospital and am now excited about birthing there. They were very nice and respectful and actually asked about my birth plan (even though I was obviously not there to birth right now).<br><br>
Hopefully this one will pass and the others will stay put until I deliver. Then I can have lithotripsy.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Oh man! I hope they pass soon. Sorry you're in pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts