Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several Dappi diaper wraps, and while I like their ease of use, they tend to shrink, and they don't fit very well after awhile. I can't complain too much, though, because most of them are secondhand, so they have been washed many times. They are good to have on hand, and the way they are made, they end up being the ones I use the most. Much roomier than nikkys.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
There are 2 different kinds of Dappis out there: the wrap and the pull ons. While the wraps are not very popular, the nylon pull ons won't let you doen. I ABSOLUTELY
them and wish all CD mommas I know would try them. They are trim, cheap and NEVER EVER wick! Yes, they are boring looking, but you can dye them with KoolAid (nylon dyes like wool) - mine look very pretty now
(just make sure to wash several times afterwards as the color bleeds at first.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I have used the large and toddler sized Dappi wraps and was not impressed. They run very small, imo, and like someone else said they shrink. The price is nice, but you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have cloth diapered four children and have tried every cover out there, and the dappi nylon pull up pants are my favorite by far.
The bindings are soft and so is the whole cover. It does not leak, like some other nylon covers I have tried. This cover is truly a workhorse. Great for day or night. It is also great when training over training pants.
The price cannot be beat, I bought mine from Granitesemith on ebay, 8 covers for $18
Don't waste your time and money on other covers, these are the best!

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I have one Dappi fitted diaper that a friend bought for me to try, and I haven't liked it at all. First of all, it's not absorbent at all. Secondly, they run so small. This is a medium, and my newborn son who was less than 7 pounds fit in it well. The velcro is awfully thick and stiff and scratchy, and the way the fastening is designed it fastens at baby's hips, not in front, which makes it look really uncomfortable.

I don't recommend the fitted diapers at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.