Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2.5 year old DD always seems to have dark circles under her eyes. We don't have a diagnosis for her other delayes (severe physical, cognitive, and social delays). I'm not sure if this is related, or could be indicative of another problem.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My 9 yr old dd has dark circles under her eyes for as long as I remember. She has no physical or learning disablities. Dr. said it was allergies. We have been using a Netti Pot 2X a day and it seems to help.

Hope this helps.

Kasey

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 6 year old little girl with so many things going on that I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy. Imagine how she feels! I do KNOW that those circles are a huge sign of allergies. I had her tested and she is for sure allergic to a million different things. I also know that when she recently had her tonsils out, they looked in her nose and the fluid was bubbly and allergy ridden. Does she snore?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have also read that dark circles can also simply be because the skin around the eyes is thin with the veins closer to the surface. This is genetic. In the case of allergenic shiners, the blood runs from around the eyes and down through the nose and when an allergen irritates the sinuses the blood flow is blocked causing a bit of a backup. The veins "swell" a bit with blood and cause the eyes to look dark. I think this would also apply to when someone has a cold and is congested. Kind of a crude description, but I read about this recently so thought I'd share what I remembered off the top of my head.
:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.