Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just started on Discovery Health Channel.

It's the story about the identical twin brothers who were circ'd- or rather, one was, but it went wrong so Dr. Money decided to do an experiment to see if you could "make" David a girl just by telling him he was one his whole life. Dr. Money just died very recently.

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
I just caught some of it, but oh, how sad. His last comment: "What's it going to take for people to pay attention, someone shooting himself in the head?" And that's exactly what he did.

And his brother's death may have been a suicide, as well? Tragic.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Wait, what's this? Someone care to let me in on this? I'm new to the "intactivist" community so I'm not aware of all these stories.

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
long story short:

He and his twin brother were scheduled to be circ'd because of an "infection" or some such thing. His circ went horribly wrong, burning his entire glans off. So, brother escaped the circ. Doc convinced his parents to raise him as a girl. (He received hormones, was forced to wear dresses, etc.) Doc was secretly doing a nature vs. nurture experiment. He was miserable.......at 14 found out he was a boy instead of a girl! Lived the rest of his life back as a man.......even got married.

His brother died in 2002 (possibly of suicide or drug overdose), he lost money in a bad investment, was unemployed, and his wife asked for a separation. He shot himself in the head in 2004. Very sad life. The sick and twisted doctor died recently.

Here's a book about it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...e=UTF8&s=books

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I hope that jerk of a doctor comes back as a bug on Fear Factor or something! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have a friend who is a twin. His penis was spared because the drs botched his brother's circ. There is such a close connection on so many levels with twins. I often think of the psychic horror of knowing you're intact because your brother suffered so greatly. Lose, lose, lose situation. My intact twin friend just became a father to a beautiful boy who is, of course, intact like his Dad is and his uncle should have been. The suffering of the parents has to be indescribable, too.
Baybee

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Baybee: Hearing that made me so sad.

As for David... Well I regret the loss of him everytime I hear the story. I saw a photograph as him as an adult once and his eyes alone made me almost burst out into tears.

It is not totally accurate to say that he died because of circumcision. He died because of his upbringing, that scum masquerading as a pychologist and sexual abuse. But circumcision helped.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revamp
Baybee: Hearing that made me so sad.

As for David... Well I regret the loss of him everytime I hear the story. I saw a photograph as him as an adult once and his eyes alone made me almost burst out into tears.

It is not totally accurate to say that he died because of circumcision. He died because of his upbringing, that scum masquerading as a pychologist and sexual abuse. But circumcision helped.
The circumcision was performed at six months as requested by whom- his parents? Who suggested it? And was burning his glans off truely accidental? How did Dr. Money, then, hear about these twins and decide to use them as his "ideal" boys to study? It said in the program that even after they'd grown up, Dr. Money was still writing that his experiment was a success, and that's when David asked his brother to go public and talk about everything that went on when they were children and his brother subsequently killed himself. (So they both killed themselves.)

I think if there hadn't been a circumcision, there would've been no excuse to do a sexual reassignment surgery, and thus all the rest wouldn't have happened.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I watched it as well. After it aired Law and order: special victims aired tehir take off of the story--yes I was watching a lot of tv last night--did anyone catch the law and order show?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I remember seeing something about this, but I don't think it was the discovery health special. IT was several years ago though so it could have been. I have also seen the Law and Order SVU based off of it. (i'm an SVU addict
) It's so very sad. it's all wrapped up in Dr's thinking their gods. Performing unecesary surgeries, assigning genders to "ambigous" children. It all makes me so sick. We watched a special recently about "non-gnedered" babies and how drs often do surgery to assign them gender without their parents consent stating that they have to do a different type of surgery to fix a problem. In some cases the parents never know until years later that their child wasn't born a boy/girl but assigned that way by a dr. It all makes me
:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts