Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the day 21 Progestrone blood test mean? What should the numbers be at, or what is a good number for this? What if I O'd late like sometime between day 15-17 (+++ all 3 days on OPK), then would this test be invalid???<br><br>
Thank you for all your answers!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Some doctors prefer to go by 7 DPO (assuming you have a 14 day LP) progesterone test rather than day 21, for the very reason you pointed out. (It's 7 DPO because progesterone levels usually peak between 5-9 DPO) Not everyone has a textbook 28 day cycle with a day 14 ovulation. If you know the day you ovulate, I'd mention that to your doctor and hopefully they'll work around that in order to get more accurate results.<br><br>
I'm not sure about what the numbers should be, though.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for that...I am not being followed by an RE, i just requested the day 21 bloods while I was there yesterday.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so if my level was at 15 and I was only 6dpo if I O'd right on the 15th which was the first day of the +++...if I O'd on the 16th or 17th as I had a +++ those days as well then I was only 5 or 4 dpo yesterday when they did it. UGH...what does that mean??? I'm so confused here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm confused about this as well. I had all of my hormones checked today and I don't think I've even ovulated yet (CD 19) since my cycles are pretty long. I wonder if the test will be useless... hmmmm. Sorry I can't offer more answers!

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys here....I got the results and they were 15 and according to the OPK's I was only 4dpo when they did the draw. On a medicated cycle on 7dpo they like to see it over 15, mine was 3 days early...so that's actually pretty darn good. GL to you as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts