Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need reassured, i am beginning to get a little concerned about ds (she turned one yesterday!
) She started vomiting 6 days ago. Every time she would nurse and also approximately every 45 mins or so. About 12 hours into the illness she became extremely thirsty and couldn't get enough water, which she would then vomit. At this time I got sick also. Same symptoms for me; extreme thirst, dizziness, vomiting, stomach cramps and low grade fever. My illness lasted about 12 hours and then I was really sleepy for the next 12 or so. Ds however was vomiting anytime she nursed for about 36hours. The next 36 hours she was sick about every 2-3 hours. For the last 3 days she has vomited about every 12 hours. She pukes everything up and dry heaves. It is really so sad to watch her. She is having enough wet diapers and for the last 3 days does play. She is napping a lot more than usual and is fussy as if she just feels off. She tried a bite of solid food and didn't keep it down so it has been 6 days on only clear liquids. Every one else that we have had close contact with has since had our sickness and been fine for days. The only other bit of info that may be relevant is that she allergic to dairy and I did eat a tiny bit of cheese about 4 days ago. Before that i had only had a tiny amount of hidden dairy a few times in the previous couple of weeks. So how long should this last before I get a little concerned? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

This is so hard to say, but I think you need to take her in now to see the doctor, just to rule out any problems and reassure yourself. It's so easy for babies to get dehydrated at this age.

I hope she gets better soon, but if it were my daughter I would definitely take her to get her checked out. Please let us know how she is doing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the push. I did put a call in to the peds. office yesterday and they didn't think she needed to be seen. They have been seeing a tummy bug a lot and said "some poeple just take longer to heal". Thankfully she didn't puke last night. She did puke up her muffin bites this morning though. If she still can't tolerate solids I am taking her in to be seen tomorrow anyway. Hopefully this passes soon, she doesn't have much extra weight to loose.

amber

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I'm really sorry, I still respectfully disagree with your dd's pediatrician. A week of vomiting could be serious. I would take her in regardless of what they say on the phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts