Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,421 Posts
PFFFFFFT.

Does a bear poop in the woods?

I just don't like to be judged, so I dont post here often.

Although I must say, I am super excited that I got through the entire morning all by myself without yelling ONCE!

I ususally post over in PG, but just didnt want you to feel alone, because you certainly are NOT!

· Registered
4,421 Posts
Not BFing, still yell.
bag.gif

Its called having TWO spirited boys, one who is more spritied then the other, and after telling them 14 times to stop fighting or called thier name 27 times and they STILL havent looked your way, SNAPPING. Hey, im human. And it gets their attention. Do I feel like a giant TOOLBOX afterwards? Almost immediately.

· Registered
4,421 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhh,

Wait, theres a difference? lol

I am guilty for all the same crimes, so fear not, sister. We will forage this battle together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2happy View Post

I'm not talking about having to raise our voices to get their attention. Believe me, my DS has ears that turn off (and he isn't doing it on purpose).

I'm breastfeeding too and I can't whisper down the hall if I need them to hear me.

I'm talking about the type of yelling with the mean face and angry eyebrows.
hopmad.gif
Scolding, reprimanding loudly, getting angry instead of keeping cool.

· Registered
4,421 Posts
Beautifuly put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbabymama View Post

most importantly, i want my kids to know that they in no way have a paragon for a mother. i'm going to get mad and i have a right to express it, just like they do. i don't yell to scare or hurt them but i'm a person in this family with feelings also and the sooner i get my needs met the sooner i can meet theirs. i've explored GD from all ends with major successes and failures and honestly i think yelling is a healthy expression of anger and enables me to truly keep my temper checked and be the gentle mother i really am.

i'm reminded of a dear friend growing up. i was rather horrified as a child to watch her mother (a high school teacher) yell and reprimand at will. in retrospect and considering the permanent respective effects on my friend's and my senses of self, her mom was a true, loving, guiding hand.

· Registered
4,421 Posts
Ive made it three, count them, THREE MORNINGS IN A ROW now, getting the kids up, ready, and out the door, alllllll by myself, with absoultly, posativly NO YELLING. AND im pmsing. not sure how im pulling it off. Other then trying to stay in the right mindset as Im trudging forward. Im also trying to stay posative BEFORE i go in to handle a task (ie. picking them up from school or getting the little guy out of bed, these are all major productions because matthew doesnt want to do anything I say) Its like my posative vibes litterally filter down to them. amazing! lol

Now, evenings are a little more hectic, but I didnt do to bad. Wed is my class night, so I have to get them home, fed, cleaned up, and get out the door all in about an hour in a half. Doing that with matthew hanging off my rear end can get a bit frustrating.

I did get through bath night without raising my voice in anger ONCE. Sure, I had to raise it so they could HEAR ME OVER ALL THE SPLASHING, SCREAMING, AND FIGHTING. lol

For my efforts, my 2 yo has begun telling me "mama, I wuboo semuch!" without any warning or prompting. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

· Registered
4,421 Posts
I hear every word of this mama.

I failed last night. My three year old was in rare form. They are both usually off the wall, but from the time I picked them up yesterday, everything was falling on deaf ears. Not to mention they kept beating eachother up WHILE im trying to do something for myself, You know, like LAUNDRY, or COOKING DINNER FOR THEM, or pick up THEIR TOYS. ugh. And of course my husband called to see if I was ok with him Subbing for some one last night. Um, would it matter if I said NO? Prolly not. OH, and my 3 year old has discovered the art of talking back. YAY!

Im in a rut in my marriage right now, and its got that trickling effect going on. My kids being tazmanian devels does NOT HELP. They were both in time outs on more then one occassion last night, complete with me making "the face", and telling them to get in there through gritted teeth. Yup, snarling mom here too. I hate it. But I made sure, once we were all cleaned up and ready for bed, to tell them both how sorry i was, that mommy always loves them, even when shes mad.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2happy View Post

Welp- I didn't get my chocolate bar on Saturday night. I made a really ugly UGLY face at DS and kind of talked through my teeth. Yuck- a snarling mom.

I was trying to get the baby down for a desperately needed nap and my back was killing me. He wouldn't stop yelling.

I forgave myself though, because I've been doing very well despite the challenges of being alone with 3 kids from wake up to bed time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.