Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
610 Posts
I'm in, but have already flunked out today. Normally I don't yell much, but it's really hard to keep my cool when dd(almost 6) yells over EVERY. LITTLE. UPSET. I've tried almost everything I can think of with this child, I try to be accepting because I know she has special needs, we're in the process of getting her dx for SPD(mild-moderate), and either HFA/AS, most days I can handle the yelling(it's not constant) but today I really lost it and yelled right back. :(

· Registered
610 Posts
I was doing great, until yesterday when we had to run errands and after the kids wanted to get ice cream and I agreed, well ice cream shop was closed and meltdowns ensued... first ds(4) but I managed to calm him down after a few mins, then dd(almost 6) started in about how she wanted food and to see her friends, I tried nvc but she was too far gone, we obviously were heading to the car at this point and she stopped and said she wanted to be carried, ok fine but then she starts kicking me and I explain how that hurts me and I can't hold onto her safely while she does that and it just continues...so I put her down and the meltdown increases in intensity, we finally get to the car and then it's mama's turn to meltdown. So we devoted the rest of the day afterwards to cuddles, stories, lots of apologies, and some tv.

I'm starting again today, wish me luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.