Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd works in a daycare center in the infant room. There are seven boys and all have been circed. One of them even has buried penis. She said it breaks her heart every time she has to change one of their diapers. And they say the rate is dropping. Apparently it's not dropping here in the northeast!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hehe, I love going to this OB's office because I know that they do a lot of circ's there (he is Jewish, though he also pushes for circs regardless of religion). I have anti-circ bumper stickers too. I stuck one of them in the bathroom on the wall, one on the door going into the office, and one on the building, lol. I also took brochures in and left them all over the office. This was after being there and having to listen to this poor baby scream for 40 minutes. I knew what was going on, but I played dumb and asked when the OB finally came to see me. I had my exam and then before I left, I let him know I would not be returning and that I thought it was SICK what he was doing. I also wrote a letter to them saying that it was ridiculous that I should have to sit there listening to that poor baby. God I wanted to run back there and steal their baby away from that pain

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
No, I'm in PA and it's not dropping as much here, either.
I wonder why. The mid-atlantic, new england, and the midwest seem to be the last holdouts. Weird when you usually think of the northeast as bastions of freethinking and liberalism.

I'll bet her sticker gets them thinking, and maybe some future boys will be spared.
:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most kids (78% according to a newspaper article early this year) are still circumcised here in Columbus, OH. Supposedly, that is down from 90% 5years ago. Most of the non-circ'd kids at daycare have foreign-born parents, of which there are many at the university. Since I work with about 75% foreign scientists right now, everyone is anti-circ and literally perplexed about the popularity of circumcision in the US. We're like a little club in the midst of parents circumcising their boys "to look like Dad."

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
You know what 'Doc Nemesis' ...it's a good thing that you can hear the crying baby from the waiting room. Maybe it saves a few who are in for circ because their mother gets 40 minutes to think about their OWN baby in that situation

I wish it had been me in your waiting chair, and I wish I had been in to have my son done that day....it would have spared him.

You should start handing out pamphlets instead. I wish I'd had just ONE thing telling me that all I knew about circ was a lie...just one thing. I'm going to try and convince my doctor to hand pamphlets out to women considering it. He doesn't circ, but he doesn't say not to either.

(not subscribing to this thread, you can PM me directly if you need to)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
my dcp currently has 6 kids, 4 of whom are boys. and 3 who are intact
okay, so two are mine and one is my nephew...
:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts