Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2yo started daycare about 6 weeks ago. Now he always seems to have this wet nasty cough or a runny nose! Both DH and I have seasonal allergies, and it looks like Evan will have them too. However, he's had more snot and cough in 6 weeks then he's ever had in two years! I'm sure there are colds and viruses always going around these kids. Is there anything preventive I can do to help my son avoid feeling cruddy all the dang time? Obvioulsy I don't want to run him to the ped for antibiotics he may or may not need (there is no fever, the snot is clear), and I hate giving him OTC meds for the symptoms since they usually make him feel bad in other ways -- tired, lethargic and cranky.<br><br>
How about it mammas? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Vitamin C might help as well as echinacea, you can check out Dr. Sears' website for dosages of echinacea. It is possible that the viruses run their course and eventually your babe will build up enough immunity to stop getting so many. My sisters MIL owns a daycare and says that any new child or worker always gets everything that goes around their first year. After that they aparently get used to the germ strains that are frequenting the group and usually stop getting sick so often. HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts