Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through the classified ads in Leesburg Today for daycare (and jobs for DH and apartments), but, just wondering if anyone in the area has recommendations? If we move, it will be in the next couple of months, probably slightly before my son turns 2. We prefer to have one or more of these qualities: Christian based, AP/environmentally/health friendly, time spent on education (like crafts, letters, numbers etc), spanish and english speaking is a plus for my bilingual boy. We have always done home care in the past, though I'm considering center care. We also have another one coming in the summer...so cost is a big issue (how much does it typically cost in the area? I know it is way more than here in Hagerstown!)

Oh, unrelated, is there some local playgroups? LLL or other breastfeeding support group (for example, here the LC's have a free one through the hospital). What about groups for working moms (or that have evening/weekend activities)? I'll admit I'm freaking out about having to make all new friends..but, depending how some events unfold these next 1-2mos it may be necessary to move.

Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome to Leesburg!
There is a sign at Douglass Community Center for daycare openings. Full time/$188 per week. I have heard all positive things about the preschool/daycare at Douglass. There is also a new Christian daycare on route 15 (King St.) called Open Arms. The facility looks really nice from the outside. The Goddard School also has a good rep but is $$$-but everything is $$$ in NOVA..

LLL meets in Ashburn in the morning at the library (on Friday but I don't remember which one) and might be adding a night meeting after the first of the year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
I went through the classified ads in Leesburg Today for daycare (and jobs for DH and apartments), but, just wondering if anyone in the area has recommendations? If we move, it will be in the next couple of months, probably slightly before my son turns 2. We prefer to have one or more of these qualities: Christian based, AP/environmentally/health friendly, time spent on education (like crafts, letters, numbers etc), spanish and english speaking is a plus for my bilingual boy. We have always done home care in the past, though I'm considering center care. We also have another one coming in the summer...so cost is a big issue (how much does it typically cost in the area? I know it is way more than here in Hagerstown!)

Oh, unrelated, is there some local playgroups? LLL or other breastfeeding support group (for example, here the LC's have a free one through the hospital). What about groups for working moms (or that have evening/weekend activities)? I'll admit I'm freaking out about having to make all new friends..but, depending how some events unfold these next 1-2mos it may be necessary to move.

Thanks

My name is Alison ([email protected]), and my family is moving to Leesburg in June also! I've been looking for day care for my 13-month old (she'll be 18 months by the time we move) and am really struggling. No one in the area (that I have found yet) is willing to accommodate our use of cloth diapers or our interest in organic foods. I'm considering a nanny share but don't know of anyone who might be interested in doing that. Any thoughts? Have you found any good child care facilities yet? Do share with me any insights you've gotten from others (if any) because I'm freaking out about what to do with my daughter as of July!
Thanks a bunch,
Alison

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.