Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I posted this once before, but am hoping for more responses. Maybe from some of the in-home care providers?

I really like our DCP a lot, but I don't know her really well. I feel like she should get an end of year gift, but I'm at a loss as to what to get her. I don't know what she likes to eat or if she would even be able to find time to use something like a massage or pedicure certificate.

Any one have ideas and examples?

Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
My mother has been doing daycare for years, and she likes when she gets Gift Checks (like American express) that can be used anywhere for anything - sort of like a Travelers Check. She sometimes gets a blank look from cashiers when she tries to use them and sometimes a manager has to do the transaction, but she's never been turned down using them anywhere.

I am a care provider, and I have gotten things like candles, xmas decorations, gift cards for restaurants etc. Nothing that stands out as a truly unique and special gift - but all are very thoughtful and I appreciate anything.

Honestly, a "bonus" would be what I would most appreciate. If you know what grocery store she uses, that would also be a good idea - especially if she provides food for your child.

My mom and I both enjoy holiday decorations too - because it's really nice to get themout every year and think about the children who gave them to us (in my mom's case, half of the kids are in college now!). even if the decorations aren't my true style, they are only out on display for the holidays, so it's not like you have to make sure it matches her home decor perfectly.

If your provider does a lot of crafts and activities with the kids, perhaps a gift certificate to a craft or teacher's supply store? Or a selection of nice antibacterial soaps - which any provider will use all the time.

I am sure you'll find something nice - and it's so wonderful that you care enough about your provider to put so much thought into the gift!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.