Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I love the daycare my daughters are in. The ladies who watch the kids have a genuine love for them. My only complaint is about one of the ladies in the babies room. Jema is 5 months. Her one care provider often makes little comments when the babies are fussy about "Them needing to cry a bit" and "They gotta learn" She always says it with a little laugh like she's joking......and I feel the providers are very responsive and caring to the babies (there are 9 babies in Jema's room) for the most part. I understand that with 9 infants to watch, not all of them can be held all the time, and Jema probably will cry during the day at times. Do I just ignore this one small thing because overall I think the care they provide is awesome, or do I say something??

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
That would bug me too.<br><br>
I'd want to say something....but being the non-confrontational type I wouldn't know quite what to say. Maybe something like "babies cry to communicate, not manipulate".

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would let it go.<br>
You already know your child will cry some times and you are okay with it. Why does this woman being honest and actually talking about it make you not ok with it?<br><br>
Unless of course, you are secretly wanting to stay at home with your child and are looking for a reason (no matter how small). In which case; I think you need to get you kids out of there ASAP! and be a stay at home mom.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I would ignore it too. You are overall very happy with this place.<br><br>
Just keep conveying to them how you ALWAYS respond to her cries. Let them know how you do things at home. But, you don't want to say it in a way that you will make them uncomfortable around you.<br><br>
You seem to have a grasp on how things work there, and with 9 babies, yours will have to cry sometimes. But I am sure they do their very best to get to all of them when they need something.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I agree, I'd respond honestly (don't just nod and smile, as if you agree), but if you're happy with the place 98% of the time, I'd let this one go without much fuss.<br><br>
The director of DS's dcp has said some things to me that gave me the impression that she is quite a bit less AP than I am. Sometimes it bothers me, but she's not DS's nanny or sole caregiver during the day. She's one of many women there and the vast majority are people I really adore and I can tell they are crazy about DS. So, I let little things go. If DS is happy, then I'm happy, for the most part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts