Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having daycare indecision. Right now my daughter goes to a church daycare. She has been going there for over a year. She was in the infant room for 8 months, and LOVED it. The DCP in there was WONDERFUL. Very loving, very attentive, the kids all adore her. Then she moved to the toddler room...<br><br>
The DCP in this room is not so loving. I can say that on most days though, I see her making an effort with dd. She is REALLY trying I think, to crack her shell. DD was in there for one month before our summer vacation started, and now has been in there a month since starting back. However, the afternoon DCP is AWFUL!<br><br>
I am in the room for about 20 minutes in the afternoon, because dd won't let me leave until I have nursed her. In that time, I have NEVER seen the woman sit down on the floor and play with the kids. I have, however, seen her ignore them, tell them to stop crying, they were fine. Tell them, I"m not picking you up. Pick them up and put them in a crib and tell them to stop whining. And other assorted comments that require her to do as little as possible. She also talks about the morning DCP CONSTANTLY. Apparently they can't stand each other.<br><br>
But... the director of this daycare is awesome. I keep trying to have a word with her in regards to the afternoon woman, but I am always so busy. I am pretty sure she would make sure some changes happened if she knew of the problem. I really like this daycare, and Emma really likes everyone in it. The turnaround is really slow, so she has been with the same kids since she started.<br><br>
But now dd has an opportunity to go to a home daycare. One that is right around the corner from my work. One where the DCP is super loving and interactive with the kids. The only drawback that I can see is the fact that in her contract, she wants a carseat left every day, in case she takes the kids out. Well... if dd goes there, she will have a 3yo, a 16month old (mine) a 6 month old, and a 2.5 month old. In my opinion, that is too many small children to take them out anywhere. I am scared to death that something would happen to dd.<br><br>
Right now, I am leaning toward the church, where Emma is safe and secure, and I never have to worry about where she is during the day.<br><br>
Any opinions???<br>
Leann

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Make an appt to talk to the person who runs the church daycare, or call her on the phone to discuss. You need to feel good about your DCP's or you won't function that well!<br><br>
I'd see what they can do for you before you leave.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked with the assistant director at my daycare yesterday. I brought to her attention the lack of participation and playing the DCP provides in the afternoons, as well as her avoidance to hold the kids and snuggle with them.<br><br>
She said that she knows what I am talking about, and will talk to the director to see what can be done. She was apalled at the DCP talking about the other DCP, and not communicting as far as meds, eating schedules, etc.<br><br>
I am holding out hope with this church to see what can be done. I really do love it there, and everyone knows and loves Emma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts