Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
5,543 Posts
If you're planning to be licensed, you're probably required to have some kind of outdoor play area. At least in NC you would be. I have seen child care centers in strip malls and they manage to make it work somehow, like having the end unit of the building and using any adjoining grassy space.

I think a house would be easier, so long as zoning issues didn't restrict your doing it.

That said, my son's pre-school is in a free-standing building that is in a commercial area. It's not a house, but it's not your typical office building either. It has a more than adequate parking lot, and plenty of green space for the kids' play area. Maybe that is the kind of space you need to look for.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.