Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, DC area mamas. I will be visiting my friend in College Park, Maryland in a couple of weeks. My dh has to stay back in MA working. I will probably spend at least three full days exploring DC with my 3.5 year old and 21 month old. I'll be bringing a sturdy double stroller along (which they actually will nap in for me).<br><br>
What do you all think I should see? The last time I went to DC, I was 9 so I don't remember much.<br><br>
I was thinking the Botanical Gardens and the Smithsonian Museums would be my must sees with my little guys. Maybe the Washington Monument. I know that the White House does fall garden tours. Any suggestions? TIA

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Smithsonian highlights (all free!)-<br><br>
The bug zoo, and dinosaurs at the Natural History museum<br><br>
The Air and Space museum<br><br>
When are you coming? the Museum of American History is going to have a much anticipated transportaion (cars and trains) exhibit in Nov.- other wise my boys are not a fan of this musuem- it is like three miles of walking for one thing they find interesting<br><br>
The zoo<br><br>
the castle (or at least next door!) has a special exhibit hall and what is there is usually an interactive exhibit- right now it is the human genome- lots of buttons, knobs, puzzels<br><br><br>
College Park Aviation Museum (I think $3 a person) is fantastic. The museum has one glass wall that faces the runway- so fun to watch the planes take off, plus a many interactive child friendly exhibits, and lots of ride on airplane toys on an outside play area.<br><br>
The captial childrens museum is fun, but expensive (I am thinking $8 a piece even for 1 year olds, but I could be wrong) and hard to get to from a metro stop. But it has three floors of childrens exhibits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts