Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>over the past 1.5 weeks or so, dd(5yo) has fallen down  while moving (running, walking, climbing stairs) about 6 times. this is not usual for her. she did develop cold symptoms on Friday. could the falling just be related to her cold? would it probably be safe to wait to see if the falling goes away with the cold? she did have a good bit of head congestion. tia!</p>

·
Registered
777 Posts
<p>How is her walking, balance and coordination in general since the falling began???  If they all seem fine I wouldn't jump to any conclusions or rush to the doctor, but if anything seems off aside from the falling I would book an appointment with her doctor.</p>

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>her balance and walking seem fine. she did say that her legs felt tired this morning but i suppose that could be from the past few nights of not falling asleep until 2-3 in the morning, snuffling through the night, and waking up repeatedly. and she did say that it went away after we started moving around.</p>

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
<p>If this were my child, I'd take her to the doctor. You say the cold started Friday, but she's been falling for about 10 days, so it predates the cold. Just falling for no reason is not normal, and not a cold symptom, although it can be related to inner ear stuff. Is she experiencing dizziness or vertigo as well? </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts