Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,752 Posts
I use to say "mommy's ears don't understand that noise" and then put words to what I thought she was feeling.
are you feeling left out ?
do you want to be hugged to ?
do you have something to say about that mean old Barbara Walters ?

I don't know that it 'cured' the problem , but it sure made it easier on us.

· Registered
2,752 Posts
I actually used that line on my twelve year old the other day.

I asked him to do something and his response was a grunt and slumping in the chair.

I got down on his face and grinned. He KNEW something was up. He began to grin too.

I said "mommy's ears don't hear that. " Then I started in with the baby talk. "is mommy's widdle boy feewing sad that he has to help out awound the house ?"

He grunted again , hugged me and got up to do what I asked him to.

LOL

Or sometimes my seven year old will say "MOOOOOMMMMMMM tell me what I'm feeling. " roflol sad? hungry? bored? ticklish ? feeling like earning extra money washing the car ? lol

· Registered
2,752 Posts
Sorry ladies....I don't know that girls ever outgrow that. I'm 34 and when I see my mom and dad hugging I break in.

My daughters are ten and seven. I *still* don't get uninteruppted physical affection from dh. Every hug they witness , every hand hold , every kiss , they literally come to stand between us. They whine "MY daddy". I say , 'yes he is YOUR daddy. he's MY husband". Then it breaks into a rock/paper/scissors game of who gets to sit next to dh on the couch. I'm afraid my dh has an inflated ego because of it. lol

I hope it's okay I post in the toddler section even tho I don't have toddlers anymore. That age was the most fun. reading your posts brings back fond memories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.