Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>DD potty trained around 2 years and is now 26 months. She has had very few accidents, until the last few days, during which time she's had multiple accidents a day (peeing in her pants). And she's been very resistant to using the potty, which is quite unusual. Before she was taking herself to the potty as needed, or was usually happy to sit on the potty if we suggested it. Now it's always No No No, even first thing in the morning, when we KNOW she has to pee.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We've asked her if going pee-pee hurts, and sometimes she says "yes", but she'll also say "yes" if we ask if her elbow hurts. She has mentioned her tummy hurting a few times, but she's eating normally and her BMs are fine. And she definitely has molars coming in, so she's dealing with pain regardless...I don't think she really knows how to tell us where the pain is coming from or what it feels like.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could this be a UTI? If so, are there things we could do to help her heal without using antibiotics? (getting her to drink cranberry juice, for example)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it's not a UTI, what is it? Any insights?</p>

·
Registered
71 Posts
<p>I would just get a urine sample to the dr's office asap. Uti's need to be taken care of, before they turn into kidney infections.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When all is well, it could just be a regression. Potty learning isn't an all-or-nothing- thing, it takes time. When she's distracted, or wants to play, she might just not want to go. DS had a phase like that. He used to say, I don't want to pee. I usually responded, that's fine, but when your bladder is full, it is going to come out anyway. You need to let it out when your bladder is full. Now he sometimes runs to the bathroom telling me "his pee wants out".</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts