Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd is almost 27 months. Since she was around a year she has habitually rode her carseat, while buckled in. She actually did this for almost the whole span of a 12 hour road trip. I thought that she had grown out of it, but recently she started doing it again. She does it when there is someone in the front passanger seat, and when there is someone in the back. I also babysit another girl occassionally and dd will do this when they are both in their carseats in the back. I do not want dd to think that there is something wrong with masturbation. I am trying to teach her that it is ok. That it is something that you do in private. I am at a loss of what to do. Any advice would be welcomed. I don't want dd to sense that I am embarrassed by this either. I want her to feel comfortable with herself and not feel ashamed.
Many thanks and peace~

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Do you realize how boring riding in a car is?
I would either 'let it go' if no one else in the car knows about it. If not, then gently remind her that it is do be done in her room or privately, and then give her something that you are okay with her doing.

I have learned it's the one time my kids can color in coloring books and I don't need to worry about them coloring the walls, floor, MY important papers.

Although, I would recommend one of those pocket things that hang on the back of the passenger seat, because they did manage to color on it.

Oh, and one other idea, Puppets!! My kids love those simple hand puppets that can easily be stored in the side pocket.
Also, they are not dangerous if you are in an accident...If I remember right, anything over 8 oz should be secured in a moving vehicle....I might have the weight wrong. Basically, if it will seriously injure someone in an accident, it needs to be secured.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts