Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>19 mo DD has been a challenged sleeper. I night weaned her over the summer and she still continues to wake at night, usually once a night, DH goes in and talks to her and she falls back asleep quickly. She wakes around 6 to nurse in the AM and then we fall asleep again for an hour, sometimes she is in our bed but most often goes back to her crib. However, if I am working at night or out of town, she sleeps better-usually she does not wake at all and after a few days she'll sleep until 7:30am without waking. So, I feel like I am the problem with her night wakings. I'm not home and she sleeps great and when I'm home she wakes at least once a night. Last week I worked 3 nights in a row and she slept great all 3 nights. So we tried having DH tuck her into bed and not having nursing directly before tucking into bed. But on the 2nd night, she woke in the middle of the night.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am sooo frustrated. I NEED sleep, I cannot handle the sleep deprivation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
<p>Neither of mine slept as soundly as they did once I weaned them fully.  I'm not sure there's a lot you can do until then.  I'd probably stop the 6am nursing.  She might be just waking in the night hoping it's 6am.  I know mine would have done that so when we nightweaned we stopped nursing until 'the next day'. (naptime).</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts